SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer- Interoperability to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) Department with Advanced Ship and Combat System Integration Engineering.
Work will be performed in Dahlgren, VA and will allow for some telework from the local area.
This position is contingent upon contract award, expected in early 2023.
Job Summary: This Principal Systems Engineer will have experience as a Systems-Level Expert with a comprehensive understanding of ACS interface and system integration from a forward-fit and back-fit perspective, by supporting the development of new concepts and engineering designs. Apply integration and interoperability expertise for the AWS by testing, performing requirements analyses and system trade-offs for modernization and in-service upgrades. Serve as AWS SME for system integration concepts, and provided life-cycle leadership for the ACS implementation, from initial installation to maintenance, repair, and system upgrades.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop test procedures and analysis cases; participates in the test inspection process; tests functional test procedures; and performs analysis case, checksheet, data, and requirements analysis.
- Review Interface Design Specification (IDS), Program Performance Specification (PPS), and Computer Program Description Document to ensure operational requirements are defined to specifications.
- Generate, review, and evaluate Computer Program Change Requests (CPCRs), Specification Changes (SCs), Test Observation Reports (TORs), and ICRs for accuracy and merit from AWS program testing.
- Review and provides technical comments for Aegis BL Quick Reference Guides (QRGs), including data analysis to support DDG-100 Combat System Ship Qualification Test (CSSQT) operations.
- Attend and participate in technical meetings, including BL 9 Functional Area Assessment (FAA) and Change Review Boards (CRBs) to discuss open CPCR status' and recommend implementations in future CP builds; Technical Information Meetings (TIMs)
- Coordinate requirements traceability efforts from A-Spec to B5 through DOORS, and develops training material for DOORS training briefs.
- Perform engineering and testing of AWS C&D and ADS elements in AW, including Standard Missile.
- Design and develop future upgrades and life-cycle support of existing computer programs to the AWS.
- Develop, tested, and analyze the production and development of AWS upgrades or modifications at the Integrated Warfare System Lab (IWSL), Surface Combat System Center (SCSC), and Combat System Engineering Development Site (CSEDS). Developed test requirements definitions, plans and procedures development and maintenance, evaluation and stimulation, data reduction and analysis, and computer program documentation review and maintenance.
- Active Secret clearance
- Bachelors and ten (10) years general experience
- Ten (10) years specific experience in:
- Conducting detailed, complex system engineering, Tactical and Operations, and Interoperability engineering and assessment activities associated with engineering systems, capabilities, and activities.
- Demonstrated experience with system engineering including assessment, design, tactical and operational performance, and data analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in the tactical and operational deployment of system engineering elements.
- Demonstrated experience with the development, testing, and assessment of system engineering interoperability solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of methodologies, models, and
- Simulations for conducting engineering assessments of system engineering performance, performance data analysis, and simulation, development and maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience with design, development, testing, integration and operational total system solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
Apply on company website