DescriptionAbout the Position: SAIC has an exciting opportunity for a Hardware Engineer in Huntsville, AL with our Defense System Group. The right candidate will directly support the security and safety of the brave men and women serving our country. About the Program: The Defense System Group provides system-of-systems engineering and integration solutions that protect and mitigate hostile actions against military personnel, resources and facilities. This team integrates commercial off-the-shelf sensors including chemical and biological, acoustical, radar and other sensors that are used by both terrestrial and unmanned aerial systems to improve facility monitoring. The Defense System Group's expertise in modeling, simulation, system integration and software engineering delivers systems and software to provide increased situational awareness, enhanced standoff and security posture and deterrence. Essential Responsibilities:
- Work may encompass one or several areas of engineering including network system design, electronic design, mechanical design, reliability engineering or other related fields.
- WIll be involved in leading small engineering teams and mentoring junior engineers.
- Conduct research, design, development, and testing of information processing hardware such as computer systems, network systems, microprocessors, microcontrollers, supercomputers, microcomputers, GPUs, firewalls, routers, video cards, switches, and circuit designs.
- Analyze computer and network applications and identify alternative methods to improve/optimize established equipment, processes and/or procedures. Provide detailed theoretical and practical applications of potential solutions which may lead to evolutionary and/or revolutionary computing paradigm shifts.
- Design new or modify existing products, develop technical specifications for production, analyze hardware configuration and processing solutions, and test hardware conformance to specifications.
- Responsible for establishing, conducting, and documenting testing processes and procedures; developing or executing project plans, budgets, and schedules; and documentation of work and results.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Solve technical issues associated with operating systems, databases, Virtual Machines, message routing, and other IT related tasks.
- Support other individual and group tasks as assigned.
QualificationsRequired Education and Experience: Candidate must possess a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (or related field) from an accredited university as well as 5+ years of relevant experience in a related Engineering or Technical role. Clearance Requirement: US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance. Requirements/Qualifications:
- The candidate must have proven experience with research, design, integration, test, and/or evaluation of hardware-in-the-loop, computer systems, networking components, and/or other related electrical components.
- Experience troubleshooting, integrating, and supporting multiple computing systems, including Linux platforms, Windows platforms, VMWare, Virtual Machines, etc.
- Integrity, ingenuity, commitment, can-do attitude, and teamwork are critical values required for this position.
Apply on company website