SAIC is seeking a Senior Electrical/Component Engineer to support our efforts in Huntsville, AL.
This opportunity will afford the selected candidate to be a part of a special program whose mission is growing based on technological advancements and existing systems sustainment requirements. The Tactical Aviation and Munitions (TAGM) team establishes and improves the software sustainment capabilities of the S3I HELLFIRE II Missile software sustainment project for the in support of the Aviation and Missile Center's (AvMC) TAGM Project Office and the Software, Simulation, Systems Engineering and Integration (S3I) Directorate on Redstone Arsenal.
The team provides missile software sustainment and perform MX of system software for Air to Ground Missile Systems (AGMS) and conducts assessments of existing systems/software. The team collaborates regularly with the TAGM Program Office (PO) and the prime developer to develop the Transition Plan for Romeo AGM Software Sustainment. It develops Enterprise Processes and Procedures and supports SW Verification and Validation; SW sustainment; and performs MX of system SW for bug fixes, enhancements, and updates.
Specific to this opportunity, this is an exciting long-term software sustainment opportunity with our S3I customer and the TAGM PO. This effort will be in support of AGMS components, including but not limited to missile and launcher sustainment activities. The contractor will provide engineering support and technical expertise in the areas of Hardware configuration and testing support for the software and firmware configuration items within the various missiles, trainers, test assets, and components of the Air to Ground Munitions Systems (AGMS).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Firmware (System Interfaces)
- Running and troubleshooting Software Test Stations(STS)
- Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) Testing
- Understanding and integrating various tactical hardware including oscilloscope and various other air to ground components
- Modify and or create Test Procedures
- Review System Interface (firmware) Formal Qualification Test Procedures - requires reading/referencing the Firmware Requirements Specification (FRS)
- Identify the required specifications for the O-scope. This would require reviewing the ICDs, IRS, and Test Procedures.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; 4 years of experience can be used in lieu of a degree
Clearance: Must have an Interim Secret Security Clearance to start with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Extensive experience with Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) testing
- Experience with air to ground components (Oscilloscopes)
- Requirement traceability from Requirements to Testing
- Experience with computer and embedded systems
- Experience with Missile Systems or Avionics
- FPGA programming and debug tools experience
Apply on company website