The Goddard Modeling and Assimilation Office (GMAO) at NASA/GSFC is looking for a Scientific Programmer/Analyst to support the generation of GMAO's Global Earth Observing System (GEOS) products, including weather analyses and forecasts, constituent analyses and forecasts, reanalyses, and other gridded datasets. The effort includes data assimilation and forecast operations, algorithm and workflow development and enhancement, data processing, scientific analysis and data validation, and documentation support.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support for the generation of products, including weather analyses and forecasts, constituent analyses and forecasts, reanalyses, and other gridded datasets.
- Interfacing with the NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS) supercomputing facility, which manages web servers and database systems.
- Provide necessary documentation and updates when necessary to stay abreast in the current technological industry and climate.
- Support Python development efforts within GMAO by providing guidance and answering questions.
Required Education and Experience:
- B.S. degree, or equivalent, in atmospheric science, oceanography or other physical science, mathematics or computational science, plus 2 years of experience in scientific programming.
- Experience working on Unix/Linux platforms.
- Knowledge of FORTRAN programming for parallel architectures and UNIX shell and/or PERL scripting.
- Strong Python programming skills.
- Proven ability to quickly master new programming languages.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
Apply on company website