Description: This position requires the Engineer to work with limited supervision as part of the Time Based Flow Management (TBFM) program team to develop, maintain, and support TBFM repositories on the FAA's Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN), and will grant access permissions as per the PMO, oversee submissions and uploaded documentation, and monitor user activities.
The engineering/technical knowledge must be sufficient to review prime vendor submittals for system enhancements; knowledge of key FAA NextGen transformation programs; TBFM experience with system implementation and deployment knowledge; experience and ability to use FAA systems/databases to include but not limited to SPIRE, WebCM, KSN, RIO Risk Manager, Risk Radar, CWP; FAA regulations, standards, and orders sufficient to ensure compliance; knowledge of acquisition/procurement processes (federal or corporate) and experience in implementation or upgrades to systems.
The candidate will provide expertise in the design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems. The candidate will have broad knowledge of engineering procedures and will provide expertise in the application of state-of-the-art technology to meet mission requirements.
MINIMUM TANGIBLE QUALIFICATIONS:
The job requires technical and operational support to TBFM in the following main tasks:
- Safety Management System functions.
- Assist with prototype design, prepare change proposals as well as assist the FAA in management of budgets, schedule, requirements testing and risk analysis.
- Analyze current business requirements and map to SharePoint
- Identify new areas on an ongoing basis where SharePoint may be leveraged
- Assist users in leveraging Enterprise Features, e.g.: Excel Services – liaise with IT Department and communicate back to business
- Consult with other divisions on cross-domain integration
- Analyze file shares for migration to SharePoint.
- Manage permissions and restrict and revoke access where necessary; create, leverage and manage content types, site columns and templates for re-use in the sites; setup and manage alerts to monitor activity on business critical information as required
- Manage division intranet site
- Establish and maintain a Community of Practice for Site Owners and users
- Determine and create scalable structure for top level business unit sites
- Ensure uniform navigation throughout sites
- Provide guidance to business units on structure of their sites
- Manage search scopes and best bets with input from business units
- Expertise with MS Office Suite
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or related, and a minimum of 5 years' experience required. Masters of Science in engineering and 2+ years' experience or Associates Degree in Engineering and 10 years' experience would be considered.
US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Apply on company website