Description: Works with limited supervision as part of a FAA Program Safety team to support monitoring and development of safety related documents. Coordinate and work with the Prime contractor in the review of Sub System level safety analyses. Should be familiar with the FAA Safety Management System (SMS), DO-278A, and other Safety regulations.
The candidate will provide expertise in the design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems. The candidate will have broad knowledge of engineering procedures and will provide expertise in the application of state-of-the-art technology to meet mission requirements.
The job requires technical and operational safety related support to maintain and upgrade En-Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) system, and provide subject matter expertise in the areas of safety. The candidate must have the ability to:
- Independently review a variety of FAA Safety documents such as the Operational Safety Assessment (OSA), Program Safety Plan (PSP), Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA), and System Safety Assessment Report (SSAR)
- Maintain files for correspondence to include outgoing and incoming letters, deliverables, and responses/comment packages on deliverables.
- Have an understanding of uploading multiple files to the FAA Safety Risk Management Tracking system.
- Communicate well both orally and in writing, clearly, concisely and with technical accuracy.
- Research and coordinate with FAA SMEs on ERAM safety related issues.
- Prepare acquisition documentation for the ERAM Program, including SOWs, CDRLs, DIDs, briefings and reports and coordinate with the contracting officer.
- Organize, track, and ensure completion of safety artifacts required for Joint Resources Council (JRC) milestones.
- Successfully interact and provide technical and FAA Safety Risk Management (SRM) guidance to senior level FAA managers and engineers.
- Work independently to complete complex technical tasks.
- Fully utilize MS Office Suite products
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or related, and a minimum of 9+ years' experience required. Masters of Science in engineering and 5 years' experience would be considered.
US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
Apply on company website