SAIC is looking for a Project Engineer to provide project engineering support to assist the Government Program Office Contracting Officer Technical Representative (COTR) in planning, developing, and monitoring engineering development and procurement contracts. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Poly and is located in Chantilly, Virginia.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Provides support to the COTR in providing oversight of Contractor's program execution. Monitor performance requirements and compliance with contract technical requirements.
- Develop product technical requirements and prepare System Requirements Specifications/ Technical Requirements Documents for procurement acquisitions.
o Prepare program requirements related documentation such as Use Cases, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), System Interface Documents
- Review contractor technical design documentation and data deliverables. Provide feedback to the COTR on documentation. Documentation includes:
o Proposed architecture and design
o Requirements functional analysis and allocation results
o Test Program, Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Reports
o Systems Engineering Master Plan (SEMP)
o System/Subsystem Specifications (Hardware and Software)
o Hardware/Software Build Plan
o Integrated Master Schedules
- Knowledge of systems engineering policies, specifications, and standards. Provide recommendation of specifications and standards to be placed as program compliance/reference documents in contract.
- Prepare Statements of Work and other acquisition related documents
- Serve as advisor for technical evaluation of Contractor proposals.
- Participate as part of Government Program Office Team reviewing and participating in Contractor formal design reviews (SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, TRR).
- Witness Contractor conducted testing based upon technical expertise.
- Conduct risk and opportunity management analysis.
- Ability to independently work through all stages of tasking.
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
- BS in engineering or technical field.
- Must have TS/SCI with Poly clearance.
- Experience with ground terminals/antennas and associated site facility infrastructure, or other space/ground (satellite communications/SATCOM) systems
Bachelors and (9) years or more experience; Masters and (7) years or more experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
Apply on company website