SAIC is seeking experienced Systems Engineers on the Horizon Program to support to the US Space Force (USSF) in developing and deploying next-generation and advanced capability space systems under the Special Programs (SP) Directorate at the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) in El Segundo.
Ideal candidates will have experience providing technical support and managing technical programs throughout the engineering life cycle of systems relating to operational and/or new start technical demonstration of space and ground systems.
General duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform technical and program management support in the execution of technology development and fielding in accordance with the DoD 5000.02 framework
- Assess program design and viability from a technical perspective
- Coordinate Government activities and contractor, sub-contractor, and vendor oversight efforts throughout the system life cycle
- Provide technical and acquisition support to Government and contractor milestone reviews to assess progress, issues, and requirements traceability
- Perform and oversee concept of operations development, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architecture development, validation and verification, systems integration, system & operational performance analysis, lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis, and physical configuration analysis (PCA)
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Perform and oversee functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications
- Provide specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet the program needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Provide leadership advice on: acquisition strategies for next-generation systems; program execution issues and recommendations; strategic messaging to key operational and acquisition government, industry, and media stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 9+ years; Master's Degree requires minimum of 7+ years; PhD requires minimum of 4+ years of related experience
- Experience should include managing technical programs throughout the engineering life cycle
- Must be able to interface with all levels of functional/division acquisition offices to accomplish projects for the Government program office
- Ability to continually balance and adjust work priorities to meet short-term work suspense and rapidly evolving customer needs.
- Must be able to work independently
Requires an active TS/SCI clearance or in-scope SSBI
Must be willing to consent to a polygraph examination
- Advanced Degree
Experience within the areas of Space, Space Control and/or Space Missions
Apply on company website