Are you interested joining SAIC to be part of the partnership providing high quality engineering advisory services, system planning, integration, architecture to our government intelligence agency customer. The members of this team provide dedicated support to the government customer's mission by defining, planning, acquiring, procuring, integrating, testing, deploying, conducting technical analysis, locating, operating and maintaining access of collection systems. The team aids them in developing their access strategies and in developing and implementing "end-to-end" collection planning and optimization of Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) resources.
Currently, we need an experienced Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) at the customer's Fort Meade Maryland complex to perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies. The selected ISSE will be part of a small but high-performing team – there is one SA, one ISSE, and one ISSO. Approx. 20 SSP's to manage. Will sit in R&E building. The successful individual will:
- Perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Validate and verify system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs.
- Design, develop, implement and/or integrate IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements.
- Build IA into systems deployed to operational environments. Assists architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security policy and enterprise solutions. Supports the building of security architectures.
- Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures.
- Assesse and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle. Contributes to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations.
- Review certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content.
- Provide security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management
- Perform system or network designs that encompass multiple enclaves, to include those with differing data protection/classification requirements
- Recommend system-level solutions to resolve security requirements
- Support the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Fourteen (14) years' experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of ISSE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree. Position requires TS/SCI clearance with full-scope polygraph.
- Familiarity with getting ATO, managing IAVA, and working with IA tools such as BISCOTTI, LatteArt, etc. is critical.
- DoD 8570.01-M compliance with IASAE Level 2 is required CISSP Certification is required.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with full-scope polygraph.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
Apply on company website