SAIC has an immediate need for a PC Technician to support the US Army Corps of Engineers RITS program, located in Mobile, AL.
Under general supervision, the candidate will provide second-tier support to end-users for PC, server, mainframe applications and hardware. The candidate will offer support with problems that the first-tier of help desk support is unable to resolve. The candidate may interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem. The candidate may simulate or recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties. The candidate will recommend systems modifications to reduce user problems. The candidate will maintain currency and high level of technical skill in field of expertise. The candidate will escalate more complex problems to Senior Level.
Support responsibilities include software installation, and configurations. The Help Desk Specialist performs technical, operational, and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone, or on-site for PC desktop hardware and software packages. Job duties require the technician to install and test personal computers, printers, and other peripherals, configure operating system, load shrink-wrap programs and other application software programs. In this position, the candidate troubleshoots printer, computer, and peripheral incidents, performs hardware and software diagnostics, coordinates needed repairs, resolves computer system problems, including coordination between users and components of a local area network, and participates in the evaluation of system configuration and software.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of applicable work experience
- Current DoD 8570 IA Baseline Certification, IAT Level I (examples include: A+ CE, Network+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security certifications)
- Must obtain appropriate DoD 8570 IA Computing Environment Certification within 6 months of employment
- Experience supporting Windows 7, Windows 10, and MS Office 2013.
- Experience using Remedy or a similar ticketing system.
- Strong analytical and follow through skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
- Ability to work well independently on defined tasks.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Experience maintaining Lexmark, HP, or Ricoh printer devices (i.e. installing maintenance kits)
- Prior USACE/ACE-IT experience
- Experience working in a DoD environment
- Experience supporting Office 365
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
Apply on company website