SAIC's Information Technology Office (ITO) is seeking a highly effective people, process, technology and a Network Enterprise Architect part of the Enterprise Architecture & Cloud Strategies (EA&CS) team to architect the enterprise for public, private and hybrid cloud delivery. This person is will be instrumental in SAIC's overall cloud strategy and services. This position is a key contributor role and will report directly to the Director of Enterprise Architecture & Cloud Strategies. As part of the EA&CS team, you will be leading working with other architects in the Future State Architecture (FSA) definition and implementation across our business technology portfolios. Cloud Enterprise Architect drives EA&CS core mission enabling our business processes with new and innovative ways, achieving SAIC's Information Technology Office strategic objectives including Modernizing Technology, Business, Data, Application and Technology architecture and delivery services / value to our business through translating business requirements into specific systems, application or process designs for complex IT solutions. This person should be a respected leader who works well with others, has enough charisma to influence and guide other in challenging situation and is motivated by long-term results while addressing short-term needs.
While working with our ITO organization, this Network EA will be also be responsible for the development and design of network platforms that integrate into a Cloud Network Infrastructure ensuring optimization of the platform. The Network Enterprise Architect would also provide technical roadmaps and strategies for complex network design, product recommendations and enterprise architecture solutions, while providing a high level of communication to customers and corporate resources.
You will also provide EA leadership in our Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE) team working with executive teams on cross-team collaboration, next steps, sponsorship of the Cloud CoE for our Cloud and Digital Transformations.
- The individual will provide enterprise architecture expertise to translate and enterprise strategy into future enterprise architecture and transition plan (i.e. roadmap) to achieve the future state.
- They will provide strategic and technical knowledge for enterprise cloud architecture to address the challenges of providing innovative and transformative public and hybrid cloud solutions supporting SAIC's work for the DoD and Federal government.
- Provides enterprise architecture expertise to translate an enterprises strategy into a future enterprise architecture and a transition plan (i.e. roadmap) to achieve that future state.
- Uses multi-disciplinary techniques, for example business process decomposition and redesign, information engineering, organizational redesign, change management, IT strategy and architecture, and performance measurement, to assist in enterprise business transformation and EA implementation.
- Interacts at a variety of points within the enterprises governance process to assist in implementation of the transition plan, to include organizational strategy development, capital planning and investment control, portfolio and project management, systems development, and operations.
- Conducts EA reviews and analyses of architectures to ensure compliance with EA policy.
- Provides oversight for the development and maintenance of quality programs, systems, processes and procedures to ensure EA policy compliance or to improve the EA.
- Coordinates and collaborates with subject matter expert and other architects to reflect reengineered business processes into the EA.
- Defines, develops, and provides expertise and guidance on EA processes, policies, roles and responsibilities.
- The Network Enterprise Architect will drive the identification, implementation and enhancement of new technologies for our cloud and digital enterprise network infrastructure strategy.
- Understand and evaluate evolving customer requirements with ability to define architectures to meet desired technology end state.
- Develop network and IT architectures and design and maintain network and IT infrastructure, including security, hardware, processing systems, and software enterprise and specialized solutions.
- Provide technical leadership and develop solutions, supporting capture strategy and program definition.
- Develop strategic designs and architectures for defined enterprise network environments.
- Implement ITSM, Cyber Security/Information Assurance, and infrastructure integration and project management.
- Participates in and manages Architecture Working Groups for the development and maintenance of the EA.
- Provides technical expertise for system transitions, migrations and consolidations, technical assistance to IT support staff and leads project management activities for new system requirements, data center migrations and new technology exploration within a cloud environment (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
- Develop systems engineering plans and documents. Analyze network design, specifications, and related documents.
- Research, recommend, and evaluate network performance, optimization and security solutions.
- Research cutting edge technology, perform product research and trade-off analysis, develop technology roadmaps and identify capability gaps. Introduce and integrate new network and telecommunications technologies.
- Understand Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g: ToGAF).
- Part of the Cloud Center of Excellence Team.
- Participated in the EA review boards and Governance teams.
- Communicate with the customer leadership and stakeholders.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree (14) years or more experience or Master's and (12) years or more of related experience in Networking, Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science or related field. Working knowledge of Systems Engineering
- Proven ability to write architectural design documents and review design documents provided by others.
- 10 plus years' experience with large-scale, multi-platform networks.
- 10 years of experience as a solution architect and network engineer or related experience.
- 10 years of experience in network/IT solutions, network design, development and analysis, routing and switching protocols, WAN technologies.
- 10 years of experience with requirements analysis and development of high-level system architectures.
- 5+ years of experience with unified compute platforms and other OEM product offerings.
- 5+ years of experience developing technical documentation, system architecture and system design documents (System Engineering Management Plans and Systems Integration and Test Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications and Interface Control Documents).
- 5+ years of experienced with VMWare and virtual server platforms and Containers.
- Experience in at least medium-sized and/or large-sized Cloud Application Development and Migration projects involving designing, building, and /or enhancing Cloud solutions based on Cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS…etc.
- CCNP (cloud or routing and switching) certifications or comparable experience in:
- Server Infrastructure
- Private Cloud and On and off Premise experience
- Attention to detail, ability to meet multiple deadlines and adapt (or flex) to changing priorities
Apply on company website