SAIC is currently seeking a Senior Network Administrator in Huntsville, AL. The successful candidate should have a thorough knowledge of network architecture, design, implementation, and support. The candidate must be capable of working in both a team environment on enterprise projects and be capable of working independently to resolve technical issues.
- Install, configure and maintain LAN and WAN system hardware (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.) using primarily Cisco hardware
- Install, configure and maintain wireless network hardware using primarily Cisco hardware
- Design, maintain and document network solutions
- Strong knowledge of network protocols
- Secure networks by developing network access controls and policies that align with DISA STIGs
- Ensure system security in compliance with Army and customer policies
- Understand network security devices and their output
- Ensure reliable backup and recovery from circuit and hardware outages
- Integrate and manage enterprise tools sets such as the SolarWinds suite of tools
- Provides network performance statics, reports and recommendations for network enhancements
- Apply firmware and software patches as required to hardware
- Researches, evaluates and stays current on emerging technologies and tools
- Perform other hardware and software tasks as assigned
- Provide Tier II and Tier III Service Desk support for network access issues
- Maintain all support documentation
Education and Experience:
BS degree in related discipline and five (5) years related experience; Nine (9) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- CCNP Certification
- Minimum DoD 8570 IAT II cerfication
- Familiarity with Cisco NXOS, Cisco IOS, Cisco ASA, Cisco Wireless Infrastructure, and Cisco VoIP Infrastructure
Candidate must have a minimum of an Interim Secret clearance to start with the ability to obtain and maintain a full Secret clearance. Active Secret clearance preferred.
Apply on company website