SAIC is seek a Mission Requirements Analyst Lead to fill a critical role on a new contract. The position will be located in Chantilly, VA. An ideal candidate will have a detailed understanding of government satellite systems, have strong insight into SIGINT mission fundamentals, and in-depth knowledge of satellite relevancy to Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community unique missions
In this role you will lead a multi-contractor team in prioritizing and delivering mission analysis products. You will perform space technology analysis and evaluation of operational effectiveness of navigation, communication and global surveillance satellite systems while establishing and coordinating requirements for national space systems.
The following tasks are representative of those that will be accomplished at the request of the customer:
- Lead team consisting prime and sub-contractors in the delivery of multi-disciplined analysis to support program requirements development and verification
- Maintain customer engagement to understand and anticipate analysis needs
- Provide analysis of programmatic and user requirements satisfaction issues as required and prepares reports, white papers, and briefings for senior management and external organizations. Mission analysis of satellite architectures to determine coverage and other performance metrics.
- Support end-to-end performance evaluation activities of the systems, such as identifying performance differences among baseline, enhanced baseline, and alternate architectures. Perform research and validation of enterprise level requirements as applicable to specific satellite architectures.
- Provide advice and information on physical science aspects of satellite support to multiple mission domains and battle space awareness planning and mission assessments.
- Collaborate with armed services and agencies on engineering standards, space frequency utilization, modulation techniques, multiplexing schemes, and mission requirements.
- Support system architecting and planning studies, requirements development and verification, and compliance analyses against enterprise level requirements.
- Support for management of tools and databases used for related satellite mission assessment activities.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with Poly
- 14+ years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering, physics, math, or space operations
- Experience in NRO, IC, and DoD satellite programs
- Experience in NRO, IC, and DoD acquisition and program management processes
- Operational Signals Intelligence experience
- Basic understanding of satellite systems and architectures
- Familiarity with translation of mission operational requirements into satellite specifications, allowing for ability to provide mission analysis support to legacy, current, and future satellite programs
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, team building and problem solving skills with an ability to be effective in a government/contractor team environment
- Availability to travel domestically
- Masters Degree in an Engineering, physics, math, or space operations
- Understanding of and experience with standard systems engineering practices to include systems architecture, analysis and dynamics and system and subsystem characterization
- Acquisition experience and certifications
- Previous experience in the program office
- Active member of PMI, IEEE, or INCOSE
Apply on company website