SAIC has an immediate need for a Mechanical Engineer in Crane, IN to support the US Army.
This position will interact directly with technical codes and customers to support the development of ordnance gage designs, drawings, and facilities floor plans in support of Army manufacturing operations.
This role is an engineering function supporting the Crane Army Ammunition Activity (CAAA) operations in developing technical documentation.
- Complete Ordnance gage designs with CAD drawings (AutoCAD required, 3D preference)
- Provide ordnance manufacturing process equipment concepts and designs, fixture concepts and designs, floor plans, and systems furniture concepts and design modeled and drawn using CAD
- Provide will include all information Concepts and designs needed to execute and/or contract the project, including bill of materials, and other details
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or other related STEM field and two years experience required
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
- Specialization in ordnance gage design to comply with all relevant standards and methods
- Ordnance process equipment design
- Ordnance manufacturing facilities design
- Must possess good oral and written communications skills
- Must be proficient at using AutoCAD 2-D (and 3-D preferred but can learn) drawing tools
- Must be proficient at using Microsoft Office applications
- Must possess good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a busy, fast moving environment, and stay on task
- Familiarity with Department of Defense (DoD) ordnance manufacturing methods, techniques, and processes
Apply on company website