SAIC is seeking a senior Logistics planner expertly versed in deployment logistics associated with corporate or military relocation efforts and planning.
Help develop guidance, policies, procedures, and programs to deploy successfully NGA-West workforce and mission from current to new location. Planning must include and define mission dependencies and include contingency strategies. Controls the efficient flow of goods, services and information between point of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements. May also plan, schedule and manage the efficient movement of material from receiving or the warehouse to production. Develops raw material requirements and scheduling requirements from engineering specifications and production schedules and plans and manages material movement with purchasing, warehouse, and production. Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistic processes. Inherently included as logistics tasks are program formulation, policy planning, coordination, inspection, integrated logistics processes, joint planning logistics, acquisition and wholesale logistics, product support, asset visibility, material management and supervision. Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards. Considered expert in field within the organization.
Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards. Considered expert in field within the organization. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives. Recommends changes to policies which affect organization.
PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives
FREEDOM TO ACT: Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results.
IMPACT: Effects of decisions are long-lasting and heavily influence the future course of the organization. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would result in the expenditure of large amounts of company resources.
LIASON: Serves as consultant to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics or in a related technical or scientific field such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- 10 years of demonstrated experience supporting corporate or Military relocation efforts and planning with similar complexity to the NCW Enterprise Deployment effort. Resume must articulate dates and duties performed with specific position responsibilities. In lieu of demonstrated experience, prior commissioned officers or senior enlisted (E-7 and above) Certified awarding of LOGISTICS READINESS OFFICER (LRO) SPECIALTY AFSC 21RX will be acceptable.
- 4 years demonstrated experience in planning, coordinating, synchronizing, and executing personnel deployment and resource movement.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in Logistics or in a related technical or scientific field such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Professional Logistician Certification (by the International Society of Logistics).
- Knowledge/experience working in the Intelligence Community (IC).
Apply on company website