SAIC is looking for a Senior Logistics Engineer to provide logistical support the department of homeland security CWMD component.
- Provide logistics and sustainment support pertaining to the implementation of the 12 elements of logistics throughout all phases of the system life cycle.
- Advises PM in the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistics processes per the organizational logistics policy.
- Improve organizational relationships with DHS components in order to better meet component logistics needs throughout the system life cycle.
- Track and report sustainment data for portfolio of assigned detection devices.
Develop, review, update, provide recommendations, and/or prepare Integrated Lifecycle Support Plans (ILSP).
Ensures proper logistics considerations are included in the system development process at each program milestone.
Performs system fault analysis, life cycle maintenance and Integrated Product Support (IPS) of major systems.
Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistics processes.
Conducts systems reliability, availability, and maintainability based on engineering analyses, initial test results or operating hours.
Controls the efficient flow of logistics activities between points of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements.
Supports logistics assessments and milestones reviews in preparation for development, production, testing, fielding's, sustainment, and improvement modifications.
- DOD or Department of Homeland Security experience preferred.
- Possession of excellent analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret clearance
- Must be eligible to obtain DHS Suitability
- Bachelors and 10 years or more of related experience; Masters and 8 years or more experience;
- Ability to interface with intra-organizational parties and end users in support of logistics activities
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications including word-processing, presentation, and spreadsheet and integrated software applications is required.
Apply on company website