Duties and Responsibilities:
SAIC is currently looking for Software Engineer to support launch system SE&I activities for the Launch Enterprise Directorate (ECL) at SMC. This position is located at Vandenberg AFB (VAFB), CA.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Provide system-level evaluation of mission assurance and launch verification software to include oversight of: structure and use, training development, and non-system maintenance and upgrades. The Contractor shall review and update mission assurance data in the 30 OG databases, (e.g. LCDB, LVDB, CDMAs, and databases). Products include but are not limited to System Software Implementation Plan, System Security Guide, RMF compliance review, recommendations, and database management plan.
- Evaluate, review and update all non-system software documentation (e.g. commenting in the code, user's manuals, training guides, explanation of the software coding, and audit/change logs). Products include but are not limited to System Software Implementation Plan, System Security Guide, Software User Manual, System Requirement Specification and database management plan.
- Evaluate, review and update a Software System Requirements Specification and Software System Design Specification. The Contractor shall compile required information relevant to scheduled mission critical milestones (e.g., items of interest, criticality, and responsible organization).
- Evaluate, review and update a fully integrated data environment for mission-assurance and launch-verification software applications on a USG-provided server.
- Perform SQL server database configuration engineering, database programming to prepare for launch operations, satellite and booster processing, and contingency/anomaly resolution.
- Evaluate and update a 30 OG software solution to enable the real-time generation of Operational Mission Data. Products include but are not limited to database management plans, graphical displays of data trends, current status, and real- time critical metrics for Operational Status reporting.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or Bachelor degree in STEM field
- US DoD Secret Clearance
- Minimum 10 years' experience as software engineer, software developer, or other related areas
- Participated with senior managers to establish plans and objectives
- Ability to recommend/make decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives
Apply on company website