SAIC is looking for a Developer-Software Engineer to provide development support as a member of an integrated project development Team. He/she will be working with other Program Developers to design, develop, and integrate customer developed software as required.
The Developer-Software Engineer will be responsible for providing input to project release plans that cover project inception through delivery and on-going operational maintenance. They will be expected to analyze and solve complex application development problems; review other software developer's work products for correctness, adherence to the project design concept and user standards.
The Java Software Engineer will play a key systems development role for a highly secured system for a government agency. The successful Java Software Engineer will participate in all phases of the SW development lifecycle, including analysis, design, code, unit test, reviews, and integration testing. As a middle level developer, the Java Software Engineer will also mentor junior developers and demonstrate the ability to take a leadership role in design reviews, code reviews, and impact analysis. To be successful in this role, the Java Software Engineer should be self-motivated and passionate about solving technical problems.
The system facilitates high value financial transactions over the Internet. With this in mind, experience with payment systems, trading systems or other highly secure transactional systems would be highly valuable.
- Consults with clients and subject matter experts to develop or refine complex user requirements; translates user requirements from a formal requirements document into an application and/or database design
- Determine the impact of new requirements on the design and code. Estimate level of effort.
- Create clear and complete design documents.
- Lead effective design reviews, with an emphasis on best practices, such as following core OO principles and leveraging design patterns.
- Develop code and unit tests.
- Lead effective code reviews, with an emphasis on ensuring effective coding practices and thorough unit testing.
- Mentor junior developers on OO fundamentals, design patterns, effective coding practices, and tool usage.
QualificationsRequired Qualifications (Minimum required for the position) Minimum Tangible Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and 5 years' related experience.
3+ years of Java Development and Software Engineering
3+ years of OO Software Analysis and Design with UML
3+ years using OO Software Design Patterns
Exposure to an SDLC methodology
Apply on company website