SAIC has an immediate opening for top talent to join our team supporting an Intelligence Community customer at the NRO as a full-time Systems Engineer SME/SETA . Qualified candidates must have a current TS/SCI level clearance with Polygraph.
The successful applicant must provide technical expertise, continuity of effort and value-added judgment to advise customers on a full spectrum of activities impacting the IT and services baseline.
Daily Activities include:
- Identify opportunities for resolving program/project issues, and recommend technical approach and management controls that need to be employed to meet the technical performance and schedule requirements for the life cycle management of the program/project.
- Participate in requirements change management meetings to mitigate possible technical, schedule, and cost impacts
- Provide knowledge and expertise on the readiness process to include an understanding of entry and exit criteria
- Build plans, schedules, and conduct integration of projects/programs
- Identify programmatic risk and formulate mitigation strategies to help minimize program's impact
- Contribute to the development of new concepts, techniques, and approaches to address complex IT challenges
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
Possess knowledge of industry accepted standards and best practices
Previous experience in an Intelligence Community Information Technology Environment
Proven information technology expertise and communications skills to be able to interface with all levels of management
Demonstrated ability to conduct analysis and evaluations- making recommendations and providing professional advice and assistance to include preparing criteria and analytical aids, briefings, reports and presentations
Strong customer service and organizational skills
Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills
Ability to apply technical expertise in proper context for management review
Skilled/comfortable working in high-tempo environment, able to be flexible and to adjust to dynamic political, technical and/or fiscal challenges
Ability to establish trust-relationships as well as build and lead highly functioning, multi-faceted and “joint” teams
Active TS SCI clearance with Polygraph
- NRO work experience
- Knowledge of IC budgetary principles and procedures
- Knowledge of IC security principles, procedures
Apply on company website