DescriptionGo to start of metadata
We are looking for candidates passionate about craftsmanship, teamwork, and delivering user capability to join SAIC supporting the Air Force weather community on the Technology Application Development & Sustainment (TADS) contract.
The successful candidate will provide hands on experience designing, purchasing, installing, configuring, and maintaining enterprise hardware assets. Candidates will also support the shift to AWS cloud for some enterprise functionality.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Growth Mindset
- Servant Leadership
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years experience
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan layout, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications.
- Analyze user needs and recommend appropriate hardware.
- Direct technicians, engineering designers or other technical support personnel as needed.
- Evaluate factors such as reporting formats required, cost constraints, and need for security restrictions to determine hardware configuration.
- Monitor functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
- Provide technical support to designers, marketing and sales departments, suppliers, engineers and other team members throughout the product development and implementation process.
- Provide training and support to system designers and users.
- Recommend purchase of equipment to control dust, temperature, and humidity in area of system installation.
- Select hardware and material, assuring compliance with specifications and product requirements.
- Specify power supply requirements and configuration, drawing on system performance expectations and design specifications.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Test and verify hardware and support peripherals to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements, analyzing and recording test data.
- Update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology.
- Familiarity with Cloud computing and open source solutions
- Advanced Knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems and Administration
- Must have good communication skills, readily and agreeably work in a team environment
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, Kanban, Lean, Theory of Constraints)
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a secret clearance
- CompTIA Security+, Network+, CSSLP, or equivalent
- Active Secret Clearance
- Familiarity with 557th Weather Wing
- Mix of on-site and remote work
Apply on company website