SAIC is seeking an exceptional individual to support the Air Force's next generation Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon system acquisition. Our customer is the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Program Office located at Hill Air Force Base, north of Salt Lake City, Utah. This will be a long-term project with the weapon system anticipated to remain operational until 2075. This is a massive development effort with many opportunities. We are seeking an experienced mechanical engineer with a willingness to learn and contribute in a fast-paced environment. This is a great opportunity to work on some of the most exciting and challenging development and acquisition efforts in the DoD with a great company. This position requires the ability to work efficiently under minimal supervision, exercising initiative and independent judgment in the performance of assigned tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the USAF in evaluation of contractor proposed support, handling, and test equipment
- Advising and Assisting the US Air Force in regard to the acquisition of GBSD support, handling, and test equipment
- Design and evaluate support, handling, and test equipment utilizing 3D modeling software
- Review and evaluate design specifications and requirements
- Correlate design requirements to verification methods and activities
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and 5 years or more experience.
- Experience with 3D modeling
- Strong attention to detail
- Works independently and with minimal supervision
- An active DOD Secret Security Clearance
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering and 3 years or more related Aerospace or Military experience.
Experience with Solidworks
Experience working with Systems Applications and Products (SAP)
An Active, DOD Secret Security Clearance that has been granted or renewed within the last 5 years
Experience with verification test planning and verification test activity
Experience with environmental testing to MIL-STD-810
Apply on company website