SAIC's Information Technology Office (ITO) is seeking a highly effective people, process, technology and an Enterprise Architect Applications part of the Enterprise Architecture & Cloud Strategies (EA&CS) team to architect the enterprise for public, private and hybrid cloud delivery. This person is will be instrumental in SAIC's overall application strategy for cloud services. This position is a key contributor role and will report directly to the Director of Enterprise Architecture & Cloud Strategies. As part of the EA&CS team, you will be leading working with other architects in the Future State Architecture (FSA) definition and implementation across our business technology portfolios. Enterprise Architect Applications drives EA&CS core mission enabling our business processes with new and innovative ways, achieving SAIC's Information Technology Office strategic objectives including Modernizing Technology, Business, Data, Application and Technology architecture and delivery services / value to our business through translating business requirements into specific systems, application or process designs for complex IT solutions. This person should be a respected leader who works well with others, has enough charisma to influence and guide other in challenging situation and is motivated by long-term results while addressing short-term needs.
This position will be part of the Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE). This person must have strong EA and system engineering with Cloud services in provisioning, automation DevOps, AWS, Azure technologies and best practices. This position will be responsible of leading the organization of subject matter experts in their functional are and defining SAIC / ITO future directions, standards and best practices in Cloud Services within the CCoE.
This individual works closely with individuals to address Enterprise IT modernization, Data Center operations, Cloud and Digital Transformation and Cloud Services Adoption. The Application Enterprise Architect also work closely with other ITO teams and Engineers to understand and implement organizational constructs that support efficient enterprise program execution
- Collaborate with key individuals that includes product managers, architects and senior engineering management, across Product Development and Cloud Operations organizations for coming up with a modern Infrastructure and Application architecture.
- Lead the architecture definition for taking SAIC / ITO applications to a true SaaS model, by revamping existing architecture significantly, and adding new elements to the architecture.
- Responsible for defining/creating Enterprise Technology Roadmaps and communicating architecture vision/roadmap to the customer and stakeholders.
- Drive collaboration across teams to ensure activities align with Enterprise IT vision.
- Collaborate with teams to conduct trade studies that support architecture concepts for software and hardware, including capacity planning and for designing, developing, and analyzing software-based products and systems.
- Evaluate and recommend technologies, tools, and process to ensure successful delivery of highest quality products and innovative solutions that are scalable.
- Develop and/or maintain guiding documents, such as mission service transition plans and EA artifacts.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to program team members while encourage innovated solutions to complex system problems.
- Collaborate with government stakeholders and internal team to ensure product meets customer requirements and expectations.
- Support all aspects of the current and planned future state of the Core user capabilities: analytics, collaboration, enabling services, and search and discovery.
- Establish customized processes that align to program goals and objectives, also actively promote and engage in process improvement initiatives.
- The individual will provide enterprise architecture expertise to translate and enterprise strategy into future enterprise architecture and transition plan (i.e. roadmap) to achieve the future state.
- They will provide strategic and technical knowledge for enterprise cloud architecture to address the challenges of providing innovative and transformative public and hybrid cloud solutions supporting SAIC's work for the DoD and Federal government.
- Provides enterprise architecture expertise to translate an enterprises strategy into a future enterprise architecture and a transition plan (i.e. roadmap) to achieve that future state.
- Uses multi-disciplinary techniques, for example business process decomposition and redesign, information engineering, organizational redesign, change management, IT strategy and architecture, and performance measurement, to assist in enterprise business transformation and EA implementation.
- Interacts at a variety of points within the enterprises governance process to assist in implementation of the transition plan, to include organizational strategy development, capital planning and investment control, portfolio and project management, systems development, and operations.
- Conducts EA reviews and analyses of architectures to ensure compliance with EA policy.
- Provides oversight for the development and maintenance of quality programs, systems, processes and procedures to ensure EA policy compliance or to improve the EA.
- Coordinates and collaborates with subject matter expert and other architects to reflect reengineered business processes into the EA.
- Defines, develops, and provides expertise and guidance on EA processes, policies, roles and responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree(14) years or more experience or Master's and (12) years or more of related experience. Working knowledge of Systems Engineering.
- ToGAF or DoDAF Certified and Enterprise Architect.
- Deep understanding of Azure, AWS and Hybrid cloud architecture.
- Knowledge of 0365, Dynamics CRM and Oracle HCM SaaS product tools.
- Automation, scalability, high availability, optimal costs, ability to easily operate and support, are all first-class citizens of the architecture.
- Architecture need to factor secure multi-tenancy design, performance metrics, operational logging, self-healing and observability.
- Understanding of visual / system modeling and design tool based on the Object Management Group (OMG), UML, SySML.
- Understanding of application development life cycle from requirements management through to design, construction, testing phases.
- Service-Printed Modeling Frameworks (SOMF).
- Understanding of Data modeling, project and change management and Integration with other tools and cloud services.
- Proven ability to write architectural design documents and review design documents provided by others.
- Experience in at least medium-sized and/or large-sized Cloud Application Development and Migration projects involving designing, building, and /or enhancing Cloud solutions based on Cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS…etc.
- Private Cloud and On and off Premise experience.
- Attention to detail, ability to meet multiple deadlines and adapt (or flex) to changing priorities.
- Agile software development lifecycle experience (e.g, SAFe).
- Hands-on experience with cloud architectures, public cloud deployment and operations, technical and security architecture, virtualization, software design, software development, Agile development, application lifecycle management, workload assessments, technical solution architecture, SOA, Amazon AWS and Windows Azure; all in the DoD and Federal government space or supporting work for delivery to that space
Apply on company website