SAIC is seeking an Electrical Systems Engineer on the OMES II contract in support of the Capture/Containment Return System (CCRS) project, part of the Mars Sample Return (MSR) mission. This position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
CCRS is a joint effort between Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC), NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), and the European Space Agency (ESA). The MSR mission aims to collect samples from the Martian surface and return those samples to Earth for analysis. Many components of CCRS will be developed, integrated, and tested at GSFC.
The engineer will provide electrical systems engineering support for the CCRS
Job Duties include:
• Identify applicable product requirements based on interactions with program/project stakeholders
• Work with other systems engineers and program/project stakeholders to define realistic, bounded, and actionable requirements
• Define and negotiate interfaces with internal and external entities
• Identify the technical documentation required to meet Federal, Agency, program/projects, and organizational policies
• Oversee the development and maintenance of technical documentation
• Oversee and evaluates technical deliverables of program/project members for correctness, thoroughness, and timeliness
• Establish standards and procedures to track and measure the progression of program/project technical efforts
• Work with Safety and Missions Assurance office to satisfy required program/projects safety guidelines
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Prior experience should include familiarity with:
- Electrical interface definitions
- Electrical requirements
- Product lifecycle management
- Configuration management
- Product integration and test
- Electrical grounding
Sufficient understanding of multiple electrical engineering disciplines, examples include:
- Power electronics
- Digital electronics
- Analog electronics
- Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA)
- Processors and processing
- Harness and connectors
- Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical (EEE) parts
CITIZENSHIP: US Citizenship required to obtain Public Trust Clearance
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
Apply on company website