SAIC has a Senior Systems Administrator (SSA) position available in USCENTCOM Headquarters (HQ) at MacDill AFB, FL. The SSA will provide project support for a broad range of initiatives that span across multiple classified networks at USCENTCOM HQ and the USCENTCOM Area of Responsibility (AOR) leading upgrade/modernization installations within the AOR to include coordinating all team activities (operational, logistics, etc). This will include planning, designing, installing, testing and monitoring various components on the classified networks. In addition, the SSA will review existing solutions, and recommend new technologies to enhance current capabilities. Furthermore, the SSA will manage daily operations and assist information managers regularly with all matters related to local and wide area networks (LAN & WAN), TACLANEs, Window Servers, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phones, Video Teleconference (VTC) devices, and other services within the classified networks. Other duties include completing daily reports, tasks within the Task Order (TO), meetings, defining best practices, creating workflow charts, and providing diagnostic support using network analysis tools. The SSA is expected to exercise independent judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and criteria for obtaining results. The SSA will have excellent verbal and written communication skills who ensures project schedules, and performance requirements are met. Must be a self- motivated, creative, individual willing to work as a member of a team, organized and able to manage individual schedules.
Other responsibilities include:
- Provide project management using best industry practices such as those provided in the Project Management Institute's Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Facilitate the generation of system engineering deliverables, reports, charts, and procedures
- Ensure all coordination is performed with Change Management, Configuration Management, and Portfolio Management
- Responsible for liaison, coordination and collaboration between USCENTCOM Directorates/Components.
- Coordinate, synchronize and de-conflict planning, prioritization and economy of efforts to ensure near and long term milestones and objectives are fully achieved.
- Be prepared to travel throughout the USCENTCOM Area of Responsibility to lead equipment installation/upgrades, planning conferences or implementation events, as required.
- Coordinate with Branch Chiefs on specific project requirements for clarity of scope of projects, and Authorized Service Interruptions (ASI)
- Interacts with senior customers and administrators in the AOR on a daily basis, assisting those customers with submitting new requirements, maintaining system documentation, and provide remote support to customers with network devices and end user hardware/software. Provide onsite training component users and administrators in the AOR.
- Assist in the implementation of policies and standards related to the use of computing resources, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
- Interacts with network services, software systems engineering and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify core problems.
- Identifying issues by simulating or recreating customer problems, troubleshoots network outages or degradations, software and hardware issues, and submitting those findings to the appropriate work center for remediation.
- Responsible for maintaining acceptable levels of customer satisfaction according to defined policies. Works with engineers to resolve Tier 2 and Tier 3 support issues.
- Provides technical support on AOR trips by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of personal computer and related software/hardware.
- Analyzes system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems. Evaluates and installs developed software during various phases of testing.
- Reviews and prepares documentation for systems, tests and installation of software.
- Investigates and recommends methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.- Interfaces with vendors for trouble calls.
- Ensures problems are escalated and tracked at the proper priority level- Troubleshoot COTS and GOTS approved software remotely
- Maintains open communication with both task lead and other technical leads to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
Must hold active Top Secret/SCI clearance
This position requires 8570 IAT-2 (CompTIA Security+)
Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 9+ years of experience.
Specific experience with Project management, Cisco networking, TACLANEs, SolarWinds, Microsoft Windows 10/7 & Server 2012, Active Directory, VMware VSphere, HP/Lexmark Printer-Multifunction devices.
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
Microsoft Active Directory
CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional (ISC)²
CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Knowledge of network analysis tools SolarWinds, CISCO Network Configuration Manager, Net Flow, Simple Network Management Protocol, etc.)
LAN / WAN troubleshooting /problem determination skills
Knowledge of IP services (IP, Multicast, SNMP, etc.)
Apply on company website