SAIC is seeking a Senior Cloud Computing Engineer to join the Cloud One Digital Engineering Team. This position is hybrid remote. Candidates may be required to work onsite as needed. Preferred candidates will be located near Gunter AFB (Montgomery, AL), Hanscom AFB (Boston, MA), or Joint Base Charleston, SC.
This team is responsible for the architecture, engineering and sustainment of AF Cloud Digital Engineering platform currently deployed on AWS Cloud. This work supports the Cloud One Digital Engineering program under the Air Force Lifecycle Management Center Office for Network Integration (AFLCMC/HNI). Cloud One is an existing global, interconnected, virtualized, hybrid, and IT infrastructure hosting mission systems, applications, services, and data serves the U.S. Air Force (USAF) and other Government Customers. Cloud One facilitates the Government's efforts to migrate applications to a cloud environment, allowing the closure of data centers to support the Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) and allowing for increased efficiencies across the entire spectrum of the USAF operations.
QualificationsTYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
- Interim Secret clearance required; Ability to obtain Secret clearance
- US citizenship required
- Demonstrated experience with: AWS, Networking, VPNs, IaaS, PaaS, SQL, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, Jira, Confluence, Artifactory, and Guacamole
- Experience working with DevSecOps tool chains
- Proven experience containerizing applications
- Experience Configuring and troubleshooting cloud, virtual, and physical hardware and software systems
- Hands-on expertise establishing and maintaining SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience preparing technical documentation
- Experience working in a team environment with the ability to mentor junior team members
- AWS Cloud Certification with experience as AWS Cloud Engineer
- Security+ Certification or equivalent
- Experience with Zero trust architectures
- Experience with AWS Workspaces or experience deploying VDI solutions to AWS Cloud
- Experience with AF Cloud One or Platform 1 development, engineering, operations and sustainment
- Experience installing DE tools including Cameo, 3D Experience, DOORS, SPARX, MathWorks, and AFSIM
- In-depth understanding of, and experience as a cloud engineer with AWS, Networking, VPNs, IaaS, PaaS, SQL, storage, Barracuda
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
Apply on company website