SAIC is looking for a Remote Chief Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse, and highly motivated individuals supporting the Detroit Arsenal Account Portfolio while working from home providing support for the team in Sterling Heights, MI.
This job is temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
- Leads Technical Team in the performance of Systems Engineering activities, including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, systems analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, systems operational performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications
- Serve as the POC for engineering discussions and F2F with the program external facing customers
- Represent the engineering team in design reviews and program meetings internally and externally
The fundamental candidate characteristics are as follows:
- A blend of technical expertise, problem solving and program management skills capable of leading a highly skilled team to solve unique and challenging military vehicle applications
- Proficient at adapting to an ever-changing tool chain(s) and able lead the team to use the right tool(s) at the right time; to make decisions with data that optimize the end performance
- Enthusiastic and motivated person that will over-deliver to the customer while building, guiding and motivating a small team or five to thirty people
- Able to operate in an ambiguous time compressed environment, coupled with complex and unique engineering challenges.
- Train and mentor engineers to support projects, build our core teams and support our people
- Coordinate planning, organization, control, integration and completion of projects.
- Plan and formulate engineering program; review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Manage design obsolescence and technology insertion during system lifecycle
- Coordinate activities on technical development, scheduling, and resolving engineering issues
- Lead the exploration of the design space, set the technical objectives and requirements, establish the decision-making process using trade studies, resolve any conflicts, and guide the team
- Coordinate personnel on project assignments through the resource forecasting process, coordination with matrixed department managers, and HR recruiting staff
- Identify risks to customer satisfaction, project deliverables and develop action plans to mitigate
- Support Program Managers in planning project financials, tracking costs, and ensuring profitability
- Assist Business Development team in market research and analysis of needs and competitors
- Support design, simulation, and testing best practices including applying the appropriate tool sets and development of targets by vehicle type and market segment
- Lead the deployment and integration of best practices throughout the organization
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and eighteen (18) years or more experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and fifteen (15) years or more experience. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical Aerospace or similar engineering education.
- 10-15+ years of defense, automotive, or aerospace industry experience
- Specific Defense program experience
- Combat or tactical ground vehicles
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a Security Clearance.
Apply on company website