You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Technician Trainee (TT) role is a developmental position intended to familiarize a new employee with the Technician role while working as a Service Employee and is enrolled in Ryder's 18 month Technical Training Developmental Program.
The incumbent will be assigned to a mentor and receive hands-on experience and knowledge in a professional shop environment. In addition, Ryder will have the opportunity to gauge the trainee's technical aptitude, work ethic, and if they are a culture fit. The ultimate goal is to acclimate the Technician Trainee to Ryder's current business model, culture, and practices which could potentially lead to a future Technician I or Technician II position.
The Technician Trainee must be able to fulfill all assigned responsibilities and technician training on a weekly basis, as guided by their assigned location mentor. The TT must be in good standing with their employment and throughout the developmental program. As with all Fleet Management Solutions (FMS) Shop positions, the trainee is responsible for adhering to all Ryder Maintenance Operations policies and procedures. Upon completion of the Technical Training Developmental Program, the TT will be prepared for technician level opportunities within the company.
- Move heavy duty vehicles into or out of yard, wash bay, service shop, or delivered to rental shop. Wash and detail vehicles manually or using automated equipment. Fuel diesel, natural gas, and hybrid vehicles properly while adhering to all shop safety policies and procedures. Record fuel activity and maintain proper fuel and DEF inventories and reconciliation. This includes using hand held devices to properly identify customer and required services. Perform multi-point inspection on inbound units as required by company policies and procedures. This includes checking vehicle tire pressure and thread, fluid levels, lights, washing vehicle windows, changing tires, inspecting refrigeration units on trucks, and reporting service or driver issues to shop. Maintain fuel island area to Six Sigma standards and policies. Perform some facility maintenance. Perform minor maintenance tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Attend and complete all Technician Training Development Program requirements and assessments. Training will include hands-on and online training as well as performing tasks learned. Technician Training Development Program will include but is not limited to:o Service Island Training:▪ Service Island Multi-point Inspection (includes Hand Held)▪ Vehicle Fueling and Washing▪ Environmental Safety & Spill Response▪ Safe Driving▪ Service Island Organization & Cleanliness (6S Standards)o Technician I Training:▪ Preventive Maintenance▪ Tire and Wheel▪ Service Bay Toolo Technician II Training:▪ HD Electrical▪ Air and Hydraulic Brakes
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates customer service skills
- Possesses strong technical aptitude.
- Ability to learn to use and maintain equipment and machinery (preferred)
- Quickly troubleshoot and resolve problems (preferred)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Must have track record of performance and good attendance
- Strong sense of personal accountability and a proven track record of achieving desired results
- Ability to professionally represent Ryder and competently engage both Ryder employees as well as customers
- H.S. diploma/GED required
- No prior mechanical experience required
- One (1) year mechanical experience working with and maintaining primarily diesel engines preferred
- Valid Driver License
Job Category: Maintenance Support
Ryder is an equal opportunity employer. We value Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace and encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, visible minorities, aboriginals and persons with disabilities.
In accordance with our commitment to diversity and inclusion, Ryder welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment, selection, and assessment process. Should you require an accommodation, please inform the Human Resources representative of the nature of the accommodation requested so that we may discuss your needs with you. If you require assistance in order to apply please contact us at 905-302-3924.
Ryder est un employeur offrant l'équité en matière d'emploi. Nous valorisons la diversité et l'inclusion en milieu de travail et nous encourageons tous les candidats qualifiés à postuler, y compris les femmes, les minorités visibles, les autochtones et les personnes avec un handicap. (L'emploi du genre masculin dans ce texte ne se veut pas discriminatoire et n'a pour but que de l'alléger)
Conformément à son engagement envers la diversité et l'inclusion, Ryder accueille et encourage les candidatures de personnes handicapées. Des accommodements peuvent être proposés sur demande pour les candidats qui participent à toutes les sphères du processus de recrutement, de sélection et d'évaluation. Si vous nécessitez un accommodement, veuillez informer le représentant des ressources humaines de la nature de l'accommodement souhaité afin que nous puissions discuter de vos besoins avec vous. Si vous avez besoin d'assistance pour postuler, veuillez nous appeler au 905-302-3924.
Requisition ID: R23985
Job Type: Full time
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America's largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.
Apply on company website