You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Supervisor Office acts as the onsite point of contact for Human Resources matters at the location as well as supports the financial month-end process and oversees the daily activities of the office and support staff including purchasing, payroll, accounts payable, event coordination and vendor management.
- Accurately process HR entry transactions including leave of absence administration and responding to unemployment claims and payroll.
- Prepare accurate month-end financial closing reports, maintain A/P and A/R throughout the month, process journal entries
- Provide direction and manage performance of direct reports
- Interpret policies and make recommendations on routine HR matters and ensure compliance with all legal and corporate guidelines.
- Investigate employee relations matters and provide recommendations for resolution
- Coordinate and execute new hire on boarding, warehouse recruiting and develop effective working relationships with contingent labor providers to ensure required staffing levels are met.
- Manage purchasing of materials, supplies and equipment for the location
- Plan, coordinate and execute employee events, manage relationship with onsite security provider and other duties as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrates analytical skills
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree required in business, logistics or related field
- Three (3) years or more clerical supervisory experience and site level Human Resources experience required
Our people are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the customers they serve. If you're looking for an opportunity to be an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we're the right company for you.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America's largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.
Apply on company website