You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD WITH RYDER !
Be a vital player for one of the largest and most recognizable names in
Logistics, Transportation, Fleet Maintenance and Supply Chain Services in the World!
As part of the Ryder team, the Shipment Management Associate II will handle a variety of tasks.
In addition to a comprehensive benefit package, a 401(K) Savings Plan with a company match, discounted stock purchase options and performance-based annual cost of living increases, we are proud to offer:
- Comprehensive training and the ability to continue your professional development
- Regional and local Ryder resources to help guide and support as we grow this offering.
- The stability and peace-of-mind that comes with working for a World-Class, Fortune 500 organization that has been in business for over 85 years with over 36,000 employees worldwide.
We are seeking the best and most promising candidates to provide creativity, agility and superior customer service that will exceed our Customer's expectation. If you possess a strong work ethic and a burning desire to succeed and grow your career, then we have an opportunity for YOU!
You MUST be willing to commit yourself to align with our core values: Trust, Innovation, Expertise, Collaboration and Safety. The ability to embrace and utilize Technology as part of your daily routine is crucial.
In addition, YOU are the management and professional representative of the Ryder organization.
If your work experience and/or education aligns with the Requirements and Responsibilities listed below, APPLY NOW!!
- Technical Support of SMC Operations:Provide tactical front line support for all command center activities at the account level and after hours support via pager and remote access as required
- Customer Interfacing:Active communications (electronic/personal) with internal and external customers on operational issues to insure all items are addressed in a timely manner
- Continuous Improvement & ISO 9001 Quality Program:Responsible for development and documenting operational processes and procedures at the account level to support site wide ISO 9001 quality system
- Customer Solution Development and Support:Proved support for peers and subordinates key operational decisions and non-typical requests to support customers business needs
- Operational Training:Participate in the development, deployment and maintenance of both client specific and operations generic training materials and delivery methods
- Project Management:Manage a variety of account specific and site wide tactical and strategic projects
- The SMC may be required to support the client after hours, such as nights, weekends and/or holidays via cell phone rotation and remote equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Represent Ryder Shipment Management Services in a professional manner to internal and external parties
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Demonstrated customer service capabilities
- Direct customer interface (internal/external) on all customer related issues
- Effective leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- H.S. diploma/GED required
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Transportation Management, Logistics, Business Administration or related field
- Two (2) years or more direct Transportation or Logistics work experience required
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America's largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.
Apply on company website