If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Senior Continuous Improvement Engineer supports the development of the Ryder Continuous Improvement culture in all employees across the Business Unit/Vertical by actively promoting and facilitating the use of continuous improvement methods to support new business and existing operations. Effectively utilizing lean and engineering methodologies, tools, root cause analysis and waste reduction with a bias for action, this position will interface with employee at all levels and various functions across the business and within a facility. This position supports assigned VP of Operations (Business Unit/Vertical) and reports to the CI Manager.
- Effective facilitation and execution of Value Stream Maps & Kaizen Events through all stages (A3 charter ideation / creation, pre-work identification and completion, delivery of results in Kaizen week, regular follow up and follow through on sustainment). Independently identifies process gaps, recommends and implements process improvement. Management of the lean transformational activities and projects at one large customer account or multiple customer accounts, directing the assessment, development, launch and continuous improvement activities related to specific business and day-to-day frontline associate interface and implementation of lean at the site. Coach process owners how to use engineering and Lean methods to achieve operational excellence.
- Collects data and performs statistical analysis. Maps and documents processes. Independently identifies process gaps; recommends and implements process improvement. Works on complex problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Develops a thorough, effective, and timely continuous improvement plan to address the top business needs at Ryder sites (transformation plan development and execution). Drives process improvement activities to achieve dramatic improvement in the key business metrics of safety, quality, delivery, cost, and employee development.
- Develop advanced competency in wide range of engineering methods, Lean tools, and quality standards and coaches employees in the use and implementation of CI, Quality Assurance, & Lean principles. Applies company methodologies and tools, engineering methodologies/tools such as product slotting, studying labor standards (time studies), layouts and optimization of flow, data profiling and analysis, and resource modeling to improve distribution and/or transportation operations. Provide regular reports of data and actions to measure progress against the site objectives. Makes Inventory and/or Supply Chain strategy recommendations.
- Completes event planning, perform pre-work, facilitates teams and supports events (includes; start-ups, expansion & closure). Follow-up on events and audit compliance to lean plans to prevent backsliding. Supports continuous improvement deployment using fundamentals of lean. Completes CI projects that lead to improved business results. Assesses CI initiatives and provides input and recommendations on future activities. Assisting and/or leading the execution of Lean Assessments.
- Design, implement, monitor and maintain the QMS based on established company and/or industry standards. Implement and monitor a standardized corrective action system. Support regulatory compliance and certification requirements. Perform all functions related to Quality Assurance for a start-up or expansion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Lean: Functional Experience with: Creating Cell Designs, Managing Material Flow, Design Plan for Every Part Systems (PFEP), Setting up/operation of Kanban, Supermarket Systems, Pull Systems, Lean Mfg Systems, Developing and most important managing to: Leader Standard Work, Visual Management Systems and Management Accountability Systems, Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA), Kaizen Facilitation
- Warehouse Engineering: Functional Experience with: Product Slotting, Distribution Center MHE, Studying Labor Standards (time studies), Distribution Layouts and optimization of flow, Warehouse Metrics, Headcount rationalization and forecasting, Data Profiling
- Bachelor's degree required in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain Bachelors Degree or minimum of 6 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Supply Chain Management or Industrial Engineering Bachelors Degree
- Six (6) years or more of related experience in the Distribution, Warehousing and/or Manufacturing, Transportation, Supply Chain Logistics industry is required
- Lean, TPS, QMS
- American Production Inventory Control Society (APICS) and/or Supply Chain Logistics Certification and Lean Certification preferred
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America's largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.
Apply on company website