You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Ryder Audit Services (RAS) department is a high-performing team that provides internal audit services and support to business leaders across the organization. RAS consists of both audit and advisory activities aimed at adding value and driving continuous improvement in Ryder's business processes and providing assurance that the Company remains compliant with a variety of internal policies and external regulatory obligations.
This Auditor position will assist the team in performing professional internal audit work across a variety of areas including Sarbanes-Oxley, financial, compliance, and technology. The team is also actively expanding its use of data analytics to deliver better audit services and improve internal efficiencies through automation.
- Collaborate with other members of the Internal Audit Dept and the Company to work on and deliver Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) testing: perform walkthroughs to assist with the process documentation, including process work flows; ensure SOX documentation is kept up to-date for scoping, testing, and remediation activities; perform SOX testing, key reports testing, prepare test scripts and document test of controls; and, participate in evaluating and reporting on SOX deficiencies to management and auditors.
- Develop and execute operational audits identifying process improvements for key business and areas.
- Perform audit project planning and preparation activities including research, analysis, risk assessment, work planning, and administrative tasks.
- Work with project management teams assessing modifications of business processes and ensuring controls are designed to mitigate key risks.
- Draft audit reports and communicate results to business process owners including executive level management.
- Build strong business relationships within the organization and leverage these relationships to enhance Internal Audit's understanding of key internal controls, and compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Able to balance multiple projects and effectively manage their time to meet deadlines and commitments to our customers
- Strong analytical and technical skills, as well as careful attention to detail and commitment to a high quality of work
- Ability to translate and effectively communicate technical issues to their non-technical colleagues at Ryder
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral are required to effectively communicate audit observations
- Bachelor's degree required in accounting, finance, management information sciences, or related field.
- Master's degree preferred in accounting, finance, management information sciences, or related field.
- Three (3) years or more internal audit or audit experience required
- Three (3) years or more public accounting (Big 4) preferred
- CPA, CIA, or CISA
Our people are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the customers they serve. If you're looking for an opportunity to be an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we're the right company for you.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America's largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.
Apply on company website