You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Safety Associate will monitor and enforce Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) programs and provide leadership for HSE activities throughout a complex supply chain/logistics network servicing the oil and gas industry.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
Salary: $70,000 - $80,000 annually
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
- Annual Merit increase
- Health Benefit after 30 days
- RRSP and stock options
- Friendly and dynamic working environment
- Employee perks and discounts
- Internal Opportunities for growth
- Develop and implement special emphasis programs to improve company safety performance
- Conduct Live Safety training modules – Hours of Service (HOS), Cargo Securement, Fundamental of Safety Management (FOSM)
- Facilitate the Joint Health and Safety Committee process with emphasis on employee and management involvement
- Ensure local operations understand basic safety management principles and comply with Ryder's safety philosophy
- Complete an annual safety management system audit of the teams they support
- Facilitate ProcessMaps process and audit completion of monthly safety activities
- Drive improved collision performance and monitor, track and improve Ryder Canada's transportation compliance through such activities as:
- Effective collision investigations and develop corrective actions
- Making appropriate preventive decisions and administer corrective and disciplinary actions
- Manage transportation compliance for operations (hours of service, driver qualifications, documentation)
- Tracking results and identifying areas for improvement
- Conducting inspections and audits to verify compliance efforts
- Investigate and document injuries, workers' compensation, serious incidents, etc. using proper forms and protocols to ensure accurate records are maintained at facilities within their Business Unit for reporting and identifying issues, implementing preventative measures, and solutions
- Provide guidance, assistance, and counseling to managers, supervisors and employees to ensure consistent execution and drive continuous improvement of company safety, health, and security policies and procedures and minimize risks.
- Act as liaison with outside agencies and government bodies as it relates to safety and compliance inspections, complaints, or issues to ensure proper safety and emergency procedures are in place and in compliance with mandatory regulations
- Audit outside contractor safety programs to evaluate and ensure the services they provide Ryder are compliant with mandatory regulations and follow Ryder safety standards
- Analyze, review, and report key performance indicator (KPIs) results tracked and recorded from systems such as, ProcessMaps Results, WorkDay Training Status, DOT Compliance Scorecard to management and the teams they support. Educate, make recommendations, and implement prevention program solutions to ensure team goals and KPI's are met
- Bachelor's degree in Safety and Health or related field Preferred.
- One (1) year or more HSE experience in the oil and gas industry with an emphasis on warehousing/logistics is required.
- Knowledge of Ministry of Transportation, Occupational Health and Safety Act and Environmental Protection Act regulations expert required
- With working knowledge of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG ) Regulations.
- Possesses a high degree of initiative.
- Performs work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong self-starter, able to work un-supervised and as member of a team.
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices.
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors).
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- MS Office including: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint (intermediate level).
- Absolute passion for and commitment to the concept of “Goal Zero – Zero harm to people, assets or the environment.”
Job Category: Safety & Security
Ryder is an equal opportunity employer. We value Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace and encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, visible minorities, aboriginals and persons with disabilities.
In accordance with our commitment to diversity and inclusion, Ryder welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment, selection, and assessment process. Should you require an accommodation, please inform the Human Resources representative of the nature of the accommodation requested so that we may discuss your needs with you. If you require assistance in order to apply please contact us at 226-213-4040.
Ryder est un employeur offrant l'équité en matière d'emploi. Nous valorisons la diversité et l'inclusion en milieu de travail et nous encourageons tous les candidats qualifiés à postuler, y compris les femmes, les minorités visibles, les autochtones et les personnes avec un handicap. (L'emploi du genre masculin dans ce texte ne se veut pas discriminatoire et n'a pour but que de l'alléger)
Conformément à son engagement envers la diversité et l'inclusion, Ryder accueille et encourage les candidatures de personnes handicapées. Des accommodements peuvent être proposés sur demande pour les candidats qui participent à toutes les sphères du processus de recrutement, de sélection et d'évaluation. Si vous nécessitez un accommodement, veuillez informer le représentant des ressources humaines de la nature de l'accommodement souhaité afin que nous puissions discuter de vos besoins avec vous. Si vous avez besoin d'assistance pour postuler, veuillez nous appeler au 226-213-4040.
Apply on company website