You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD WITH RYDER !
During these unprecedented times, Ryder is on the front lines ensuring that essential items and goods make it to our customers and businesses across North America; all while focusing on leading the industry in keeping our employees and customers safe, protected and healthy. Come join our mission and become a vital player in keeping the global economy running!
If you are up to the challenge, Apply Now to work for one of the largest and most respected names in Logistics, Transportation, Fleet Maintenance and Supply Chain Services in the World!
The Operations Supervisor is typically dedicated to an assigned area of responsibility within an account or location. The incumbent ensures that productivity and operational goals are met in order to deliver customer satisfaction. Individual will be working in a dynamic environment that focuses on delivering continuous measurable improvement to the customer.
In addition to a comprehensive benefit package, a 401(K) Savings Plan with a company match, discounted stock purchase options and performance-based annual cost of living increases, we are proud to offer:
- Comprehensive training and the ability to directly affect your income and work/life balance based on your personal performance.
- Internal management development with a clear line-of-sight and time-frame to your next-level position.
- Additional and local Ryder resources and business verticals to help overcome any obstacle or challenge you encounter.
- The stability and peace-of-mind that comes with working for a World-Class, Fortune 500 organization that has been in business for over 85 years with over 36,000 employees worldwide.
We are seeking the best and most promising candidates to provide creativity, agility and superior customer service that will exceed our Customer's expectation. If you possess a strong work ethic and an burning desire to succeed and grow your career, then we have an opportunity for YOU!
You MUST be willing to commit yourself to align with our Customer's core values: Communication, Honesty, Performance Excellence and be able to embrace and utilize Technology as part of your daily routine.
In addition, YOU are the management and professional representative of the Ryder organization.
If you work experience and/or education aligns with the Requirements and Responsibilities listed below, APPLY NOW!!
- Manage the customers J.I.T. inbound movement of production material and outbound flow of all dunnage in an efficient manner according to predetermined parameters, while reacting to day to day logistics exceptions
- Meet regularly with Central Engineering and Logistics team, to review current Logistics requirements and performance to Cube Utilization targets as well as review and develop future Logistics needs based on Customer requirements
- Ensure carrier compliance to a predetermined set of parameters, conduct OS&D investigations, manage Carrier Claim process
- Provide regular, timely reports and accountable for onsite Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Plan, conduct and review safety audits and cube utilization audits, ensuring all parameters are met and continuous improvement initiatives are followed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Instills commitment to organizational goals
- Strong planning skills
- Results oriented with high degree of initiative
- Effective leadership skills
- Motivating skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Diverse team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- College degree/Technical Certification required Business, Logistics, Transportation or a related field. Combination of other education and experiences will be considered
- Three (3) years or more Experience in a similar Transportation/Logistics related field required
- Three (3) years or more Experience in utilizing Excel VLookups, Macros and Formulas required
Our people are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the customers they serve. If you're looking for an opportunity to be an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we're the right company for you.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America's largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.
Apply on company website