Ryder System, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 500 provider of leading-edge transportation, logistics and supply chain management solutions. For nearly 80 years, Ryder has earned high marks for serving customers in a timely, cost-effective and reliable manner. That reputation has helped Ryder to rank continually among the industry's leading companies in many publications. Ryder was named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers and named among the World's Most Admired Companies 6 YEARS IN A ROW by Fortune Magazine.
At Ryder's Dallas, TX warehouse, we are looking for reliable Material Handlers to help maintain warehouse stock and assist in fulfilling orders. Our Material Handlers will be responsible for receiving product, loading trucks, staging products based on customer orders and assisting with organizing and maintaining existing inventory.
1st, 2nd and WEEKEND SHIFTS AVAILABLE!! Pay starts at $16.25 for 1st, $16.75 for 2nd, $17.25 for weekend day shift, and $17.75 for weekend night shift. Prior forklift and warehouse experience required. Experience with clamp trucks a plus!
Benefits of working at Ryder:
- Full Benefit Package including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability
- Employee discount packages, including cell phones, cars, computer equipment, gifts, etc.
- 401K with company match
- Ryder Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Employee Referral Program
- All PPE provided, including a yearly $100 safety shoes voucher
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of one year of related warehouse and/or powered industrial lift experience required
- Ability to read, do basic mathematics, understand and respond to written and verbal instructions in English for the purposes of safety, work instructions, policies, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and walk in high traffic areas
- The ability to input data into various WMS computer systems
- Work overtime as assigned
- Read, interpret, and apply Warehouse Management System (WMS) order instructions
- Recognize and correct potential process errors before actions adversely affect the customer
- Recognize damaged product at any point in the warehousing process and take appropriate action when discovered
- Pull orders accurately as assigned
- Stage orders according to carrier location and verify: number of pallets picked as well as stage location
- Prepare receiving, storage and shipping documentation retaining product accountability throughout the logistical process
- Be aware of and follow location and work center Safety and Security policies and procedures
- Performs housekeeping duties and other duties as assigned
- May operate fork-lift equipment or other warehouse machinery
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Locations US-TX-DALLAS
Posted Date 1 month ago (5/21/2020 1:08 PM)
Category Logistics/Distribution/Transportation Management
Employment Type Regular - Full Time (4)
Travel Requirements 0-10%
Position Code 5250
Apply on company website