You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
Ryder System Inc. is a Fortune 500 commercial fleet management, dedicated transportation, and supply chain solutions company. Forbes has also named Ryder as one of “America's Best Employers” and “America's Best Employers for Women” _._
Our team is growing! Ryder is looking to hire Material Handlers for one of our Fly In Fly Out locations.
Under the responsibility of the Logistics Supervisor, the Material Handler I performs warehouse functions, which may include loading, picking, packing, shipping, receiving, forklift operation, and, cycle counting.
About the position:
Start Pay : $31.44 per hour, it will be increased after 90 days and 180 days
Shift: 6:00am to 6:00pm, 7 days on, 12 hours per day, then 7 days off
Paid Training: 4 to 6 weeks in Edmonton before your assignment .
Permanent, Full Time Role.
- Perform warehouse function, which may include loading, picking, packing, shipping, receiving, forklift operation, and, cycle counting
- Performing duties within performance measurement guidelines of the contract
- Responsible for the accurate picking and packing, auditing, tote induction, staging of products and loading and unloading of trucks
- Responsible of dealing with day to day paperwork in a warehouse environment (i.e. picking sheets, returns, bills of lading, etc.)
- Provide technical and maintenance support for different aspects related to the automated packing system during the core shift hour of production
- H.S. diploma/GED required
- Three (3) years or more experience in a fast-paced warehouse environment required
- One (1) year or more experience in the operation of a forklift is an asset.
- Two (2) years or more experience with automated pick and pack systems required
- One (1) year or more familiarization with automated warehouse management system is an asset.
- Two (2) years or more experience with an RF scanner required
- Valid Forklift Operator's License certified is an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to be a team player and able to work within a diverse work environment
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)Able to work within a diverse work environment
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Must be punctual and have a good attendance record
- Performs work independently with minimal supervision
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Ability to lift and/or push/pull up to 35 lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work using health and safety methods
- Must be available to work on a flexible schedule on the various work shifts
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
Job Category: Warehousing
Ryder is an equal opportunity employer. We value Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace and encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, visible minorities, aboriginals and persons with disabilities.
In accordance with our commitment to diversity and inclusion, Ryder welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment, selection, and assessment process. Should you require an accommodation, please inform the Human Resources representative of the nature of the accommodation requested so that we may discuss your needs with you. If you require assistance in order to apply please contact us at 226-213-4040.
Ryder est un employeur offrant l'équité en matière d'emploi. Nous valorisons la diversité et l'inclusion en milieu de travail et nous encourageons tous les candidats qualifiés à postuler, y compris les femmes, les minorités visibles, les autochtones et les personnes avec un handicap. (L'emploi du genre masculin dans ce texte ne se veut pas discriminatoire et n'a pour but que de l'alléger)
Conformément à son engagement envers la diversité et l'inclusion, Ryder accueille et encourage les candidatures de personnes handicapées. Des accommodements peuvent être proposés sur demande pour les candidats qui participent à toutes les sphères du processus de recrutement, de sélection et d'évaluation. Si vous nécessitez un accommodement, veuillez informer le représentant des ressources humaines de la nature de l'accommodement souhaité afin que nous puissions discuter de vos besoins avec vous. Si vous avez besoin d'assistance pour postuler, veuillez nous appeler au 226-213-4040.
Apply on company website