Our team is growing! Ryder is hiring
an Inventory Specialist/ Forklift Operator in
About the position:
- Consistent pay : $17.50/hour + $1.00 per hour off-shift premium
- Monday through Friday
- 12:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Prior inventory control experience a plus
- Requirements: Must be able to pass background check and drug test
- Strong Safety culture
- Stability and growth opportunities
- Competitive benefits package, vacation in the first year!
- Weekly pay, direct deposit is available!
- Forbes' 2019 list of the “World's Best Employers”
The purpose of this position is to accurately transfer product, both physically and logically, into and/or out of warehouse locations, load/unload trailers, move product throughout the facility with powered industrial equipment and perform inventory counts as required.
- Maintain inventory records
- Perform daily inventory management procedures and duties
- Coordinate physical inventory procedures and adjust system as necessary
- Follow procedures to accurately adjust inventory for over/short, defective, and damaged product
- Perform routine clerical assignments including filing invoices and maintaining records
- Perform other duties as assigned by management or customer
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of one year of related warehouse and/or powered industrial lift experience required
- Ability to read, do basic mathematics, understand and respond to written and verbal instructions in English for the purposes of safety, work instructions, policies, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and walk in high traffic areas
- The ability to input data into various WMS computer systems
- Work overtime as assigned
- Read, interpret, and apply Warehouse Management System (WMS) order instructions
- Recognize and correct potential process errors before actions adversely affect the customer
- Recognize damaged product at any point in the warehousing process and take appropriate action when discovered
- Pull orders accurately as assigned
- Stage orders according to carrier location and verify: number of pallets picked as well as stage location
- Prepare receiving, storage and shipping documentation retaining product accountability throughout the logistical process
- Be aware of and follow location and work center Safety and Security policies and procedures
- Performs housekeeping duties and other duties as assigned
- May operate fork-lift equipment or other warehouse machinery
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Locations US-IL-AURORA
Posted Date 2 months ago (7/14/2020 2:15 PM)
Category Logistics/Distribution/Transportation Management
Employment Type Regular-Full time
Travel Requirements 0-10%
Position Code 5250
Apply on company website