At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
Roush's Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) department is seeking a Senior CFD Analyst to join our team. The Senior CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) CAE (Computer-Aided Engineering) Analyst executes CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) and thermal simulation projects to solve real world engineering problems in the automotive, aerospace, and industrial industries. The Senior CFD CAE Analyst builds finite volume CDF (Computational Fluid Dynamics) models using commercial solvers and runs CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) simulations.
- Build finite volume CFD models for various applications in automotive, aerospace and industrial segments using commercial solvers such as Ansys Fluent or Star-CCM+.
- Run CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) simulations to convergence, postprocess results, and provide engineering analysis.
- Present results to customers and develop detailed reports.
- Manage individual projects and communicate project progress to supervisor.
- Suggest innovations and process improvements.
- Lead junior engineers in the CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) domain.
- Develop scripts for workflow automation.
- Manage analysis files according to Roush data-retention policies.
- Bachelor of Science in mechanical or aerospace engineering and 6 years of CFD work experience or a master's degree with a specialization in CFD, heat transfer and numerical methods and 4 years of CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) works experience.
- Experience related to CFD simulation in aero-thermal, multi-phase flows or product development.
- Experience in commercial CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) tools such as Star-CCM+, Ansys Fluent or OpenFOAM.
- Practical experience with CFD codes and excellent grasp of fluid mechanics, heat transfer, finite volume methods and turbulence modeling.
- Proficiency with at least 1 programming language (C++, Java and/or Python).
- Knowledge of pre-processors such as ANSA and HyperMesh.
- Ability to communicate technical information verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent problem-solving ability and knowledge of basic engineering principles.
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in engineering, physics, or mathematics.
- Ph.D. candidate with a doctoral dissertation in CFD and heat transfer topics.
- Experience in methodology development and advanced modeling.
- Experience with writing automation scripts such as function hooks, UDF or subroutines.
- US citizen or US lawful permanent resident allowing for ITAR compliance.
- EV (electric vehicle), fuel cell, or hydrogen vehicle domain experience.
- Strong prioritization skills to work in a fast-paced environment.
To apply, please visit the Roush careers page by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
If you need reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.
Apply on company website