We work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn't believe. At Roush, you're part of building the future. Are you someone that has a passion for providing innovated solutions to complex challenges? Do you want to work someplace where creativity and new ideas are encouraged? If so, then keep reading.
We fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage.
We offer a full array of benefits to our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Roush is searching for a Cost Estimator that specializes in quoting engine cylinder heads and block assemblies to join our team. The Cost Estimator is an individual who will support our machining facilities in Livonia and Farmington by quoting close tolerance precision machined parts. The Cost Estimator will analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time and cost estimates of machined parts for the aerospace, military, entertainment, and automotive industries. This position is based in Livonia, MI with travel to our Farmington, MI location as needed.
As a Cost Estimator, you will be responsible for:
- Analyzing drawings, parts lists, and other data to determine manufacturing requirements
- Working daily with purchasing team for material and outside service quotes
- Producing timely, accurate, and complete estimates
- Preparing cost estimates used by management for purposes such as organizing and scheduling work, preparing bids, and determining cost effectiveness of make/buy analysis
- Displaying awareness of competitive market and cutting-edge manufacturing processes as a Cost Estimator.
- Making recommendations to improve the manufacturing process
- Tracking variances between estimated cost and actual cost to effectively evaluate the adequacy and accuracy of the utilized estimating parameters
Minimum qualifications to be considered as a Cost Estimator:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years' recent cylinder heads and blocks cost and estimating experience in a low-volume and/or high-volume job shop environment
- Experience in precision machining on CNC and manual machines and knowledge of manufacturing and machine processes
- Familiar with heat treat, coating and finishing processes
- Experience in quoting using bar and billet material, castings, and forgings
- Strong print reading skills and a basic understanding of GD&T
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Experience with Excel-based cost estimating software
- Experience with Costimator
- Blueprint reading including interpretation of GD&T
- Job processing experience
If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team. Please visit our careers page and apply by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.
*SF *JG *KR
Apply on company website