At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
Roush has an immediate need for an Advanced Systems Software Engineer to join its growing team! The Advanced Software Systems Engineer will implement, execute, develop, and test software architecture. The role will provide software configuration updates, troubleshooting, and testing. The Advanced Software Systems Engineer will write code, script, and documentation for vehicle systems integration using knowledge of Application Programming Interface (API), coding languages, and layers of software development. This position is located in Troy, MI.
- Execute and develop in-vehicle software architecture with the team
- Document and test software integration solutions
- Recommend and evaluate software technology and language
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related technical field, or equivalent work experience
- Must be a US citizen or US lawful permanent resident allowing for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) compliance
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with in-vehicle software architecture and design
- Knowledge of software technology architecture and configuration
- Knowledge of software languages, technologies, methodologies, API's, database, and Pub/Sub
- Knowledge of Agile process methodologies
- Knowledge of multi-system integration, Internet of Things (IOT), web app development, and distributed systems integration
- Knowledge of best practices in documentation of software and software development
- Ability to develop in C, C++, and Python
- Master's degree in computer science or a related technical field
- Experience with Agile process methodologies
- Experience developing and writing requirements definitions
- Experience in software development, configuration, and testing
- Experience with the engineering and integration of military ground vehicle electronics systems and subsystems
- Good knowledge of Vetronics systems and application
- Good understanding of business processes: creation, refinement, and gap analyses
- Ability to interface with network and hardware development and integration teams
- Detail-oriented with the ability to quickly assimilate and apply new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Ability to develop in Qt
- Knowledge of Data Distribution Service (DDS), Apache Kafka, or other Pub/Sub Architecture
To apply, please visit the Roush careers page by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.
Apply on company website