Title: Senior Pathologist Assistant [RP-E] Company: Roswell Park Cancer Institute Department: Pathology Time Type: Full time Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: First Shift (United States of America) Summary: Provides accurate and timely processing of complex surgical specimens and biopsies including macroscopic examination and evaluation of all surgical pathology specimens and selection of tumor and normal tissue samples for tissue procurement. Provides oversight of students, residents/fellows involved in anatomic pathology laboratory activities and tasks. Performs postmortem examinations, including prosection, assisting the pathologist with rendering the provisional anatomic diagnosis, gathering pertinent clinical history, recording macroscopic anatomic findings, and submitting tissue sections for microscopic examination. Qualifications: Required Education and Experience
1. License to practice as a Pathologists' Assistant in the State of New York.
1. Certification as a Pathologists' Assistant by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP).
Education and Experience
1. Master's degree that meets qualification for certification as a Pathologists' Assistant by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) and the equivalent of two (2) years of full-time experience.
2. Bachelor's degree that meets qualification for certification as a Pathologists' Assistant by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) and the equivalent of four (4) years of full-time experience.
1. As a condition of continued employment, incumbents must maintain the appropriate certification noted above.
2. Required degrees must have been granted by an accredited college or university or one recognized by Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center as following acceptable educational practices.
Roswell Park Cancer Institute Corporation (RPCIC) and Health Research Inc. (HRI) Roswell Park Division believe that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities, and we do not discriminate against our employees, applicants or job seekers because of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, creed, age, disability, pregnancy-related condition, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, citizenship status, genetic information, individual's relationship or association with a member of a protected category or any other protected group status as defined by law.
Additionally, RPCIC and HRI Roswell Park Division are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to HR-Benefits@RoswellPark.org or call (716) 845-4700 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Apply on company website