DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Registered Nurse in the Pediatric ICU. We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. Rio Grande Regional Hospital – McAllen, TX Registered Nurse (RN) – Pediatric ICU (PICU) Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH), an HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 30 years, we have remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all members of our community. With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient services. What you will do in this role:
- Deliver safe, age appropriate care under critical situations with children who have cardiac, respiratory; gastrointestinal; genitourinary; orthopedic; and neurological dysfunction.
- Exercise judgment within the guidelines of the medical plan of care, department policy and licensure practice act.
- Assess patients in order to plan, intervene, and evaluate care.
- Apply scientific knowledge; use a variety of equipment; and perform multiple technical procedures.
- Proactively advocate for patients and consistently educate the family from time of admission until time of dismissal.
- Utilize ability to demonstrate and apply the technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively and safely care for patients/family and to be an effective member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
QualificationsWhat qualifications you will need:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Level III Pediatric ICU Care experience within the last two years preferred.
- Current licensure with the BNE of the state of Texas or a temporary permit with the BNE.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- PALS certification required within 90 days of hire or ENPC within 90 days of hire.
- RN's with NRP may care for children under 2 years of age.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website