BREAK GROUND ON A REWARDING CAREER WITH US!
At MDC Holdings, Inc./Richmond American Homes, we encourage a company culture that promotes professionalism, teamwork, health & wellness and work-life balance. If you are a results-driven professional with a passion for success, consider building a career with us. We're proud to be one of the most established builders in the industry, with 42 years of experience and 210,000 homes to our credit.
We are seeking a qualified Superintendent to join our team. In this position you will coordinate the activities of new home construction at the sub-division level according to the Company's standards and processes. Additionally, you will ensure that quality and customer satisfaction are maintained throughout the construction process while overseeing subcontractors, Assistant Superintendents and Laborers while maintaining job-site safety and OSHA compliance.
- Manages the construction and completion of quality houses within desired time frames and standards set by the Company and the Project Manager.
- Maintains inventory in a condition presentable to potential customers and within the acceptable standards of the Company.
- Oversees and schedules all construction related activities on a given project or multiple projects for residential housing.
- Delegates appropriately to Assistant Superintendents, Laborers and subcontractors. Manages, trains and directs Assistant Superintendents and Laborers as necessary.
- Manages and controls all direct and indirect construction expenditures for sub-division.
- Implements policies, procedures, philosophies of the Company and all required paperwork.
- Trains sub-contractors regarding Company policies and procedures, including safety and OSHA compliance.
- Safeguards the job site from hazardous situations and material (per SWPPP) and ADEQ.
- Interacts with local governing jurisdiction to obtain all required inspections that conform to the master plan approvals.
- Manages and obtains Certificate of Occupancies within the local jurisdiction.
- Manages the completion of homeowner orientations, expedites completion of homeowner orientation letter items and orientation repair items within the desired time frames set by the Project Manager and Company.
Education: High School or GED required; Associate's degree preferred.
Five years or more of previous residential or commercial construction experience preferred. Thorough knowledge of one or more of the building trades (i.e. electrical, carpentry, plumbing etc…) combined with a strong knowledge and ability to read and interpret blueprints. Must have understanding of the technical aspects of construction. Excellent organizational skills. Good interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
Benefits & Perks!
While we value hard work, we also recognize the importance of having fun! Our employees enjoy a collaborative environment where they can freely bounce ideas off one another and participate in exciting teambuilding activities and outings, like trips to the ballpark, holiday celebrations, regular office socials and much more.
- Positive, collaborative team culture
- Competitive compensation structure
- Comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, 401K, etc.)
- Discounted pet insurance
- Home purchase discounts & more!
*All benefits are subject to qualification and hire dates. Not all benefits apply to commissioned sales people.
If you are ready for more than a job and seek a career with one of the most respected organizations in a top industry then we want to hear from you. Please also visit our website at www.richmondamerican.com for more information.
MDC Holdings, Inc. / Richmond American Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website