Job LocationNew Bern, NC
We are looking for talented individuals who share our dedication to the people we serve and support.
Are you a positive and personable Respiratory Therapist looking for a unique and fun opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and watch them thrive?
Then join our clinical team at RHA Health Services!
We are seeking a friendly and patient Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) to provide professional respiratory care to the people we support and serve, aimed at preventing disease and maintaining good health care.
- Responsible for providing approved respiratory services to all service users under his/her care.
- Keeps medical staff informed of any changes in service user's status.
- Provides leadership and guidance.
- Keeps Director of Respiratory informed of changes in service users condition.
- Observes, assesses and evaluates service user's respiratory needs.
- Discusses acute and chronic respiratory needs with personnel; observes service users condition and reaction, making good judgment decisions.
- Maintains work area as a neat, orderly, efficient, and safe working area.
- Participates as a member of interdisciplinary team as consultant as needed, ensuring quality-respiratory services.
- Participates in parent conference and communicating with families as needed.
- Maintains/Changes respiratory equipment and supplies.
- Instructs parents, students, service users and employees on Respiratory Care.
- Charts accordingly for service users with respiratory needs.
- Assists in providing prompt management of Workers Compensation within policy guidelines.
- Administers any respiratory medications as prescribed by physician.
- Carries out prescribed respiratory treatment for the purpose of guidance and demonstration for staff.
- Has working knowledge of the latest respiratory techniques.
- Assists in the monitoring of service users behavioral problems and be prepared to discuss problems with team members.
- Records all pertinent respiratory information on service users on a daily and/or as needed basis in the respective medical chart.
- Participates in the Quality Assurance Assessment system; Mealtime Assessment, Environmental Assessment; Interaction Assessment and Third Shift Assessment.
- Assists in providing satisfactory working conditions.
- May access and/or make appropriate copies of protected health information from a service user's chart as needed for off campus scheduled or non-scheduled appointment.
Our ideal Registered Respiratory Therapist has excellent listening and communication skills, can pick up on nonverbal communication and is a proactive person.
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy Program
- Currently licensed in North Carolina.
- Two years of experience, preferred
- Valid driver's license and auto insurance
- Ability to lift between 20 and 50 pounds and provide CPR after certification
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- Flexible schedule and availability to provide on-call coverage as needed
- Ability to remain calm in crisis situations
RHA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to eligible full-time employees that are aimed at supporting your health and wellness, financial planning, work life balance, and protection from the unexpected.
We understand your desire to continue to grow in the role; we are known for providing high quality services, excellent staff training and opportunities for advancement into supervisory and other roles within the organization.
The comprehensive compensation and benefits package includes:
- Competitive compensation program including regular performance feedback and coaching
- Healthcare insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Voluntary Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Telemed and Pharmacy Insurance,
- Health Advocate service which assists employees find doctors, schedule appointments, estimate costs, answer medical/prescription questions, resolve medical claims issues and basically does the leg-work for employees
- Offering free diabetic medication and supplies
- 401(k) retirement savings program with Wells Fargo
- Paid Time Off
- Company sponsored Life and AD&D Insurance
- Extensive Wellness Programs including company paid scholarships for healthy weight management and nicotine cessation, several wellness challenges and rewards through the year.
- Free Annual Health Screening and wellness coaching event.
- Discounted medical premiums for nicotine free employees.
- Free CPR, first aid and job specific training opportunities
- Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of people we serve and support apply to join the team today.
RHA is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, we provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our solutions center.
Apply on company website