We are looking for talented individuals who share our dedication to the people we serve and support.
Calling all compassionate and caring RNs!
Are you looking for a nursing role that offers flexibility and variety; where you can make a difference in a person's life?
Then join RHA Behavioral Health!
RHA Behavioral Health Services is looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Assertive Community treatment Team.
RHA's Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACTT) offers a full range of support services to people with serious behavioral health needs. ACTT promotes rehabilitation and independence by teaching people coping skills needed to live in their own communities safely and productively, engaging them in normal daily routines and healthy social interactions. People receiving ACTT services often experience significant reductions in crisis situations such as homelessness, incarceration, or repeated hospitalizations.
In this dynamic role, you will be part of a team approach, which involves structured face-to-face scheduled therapeutic interventions to provide support and guidance in all areas of functional domains: adaptive, communication, personal care, domestic, psychosocial, problem solving, etc. in preventing, overcoming, or managing the recipient's level of functioning and enhancing his/her ability to remain in the community.
If you're looking for an opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve then consider RHA Behavioral Health Services where we put people first!
As a Registered Nurse you will be responsible for utilizing your skills and expertise, current nursing assessment skills and knowledge of nursing principles to assess and monitor clients, participating in crisis prevention and responding to crises on a timely basis.
Additional responsibilities of the Registered Nurse include:
- Following the supports and services as indicated in the recipients Crisis Plan, which is a component of all person centered plans
- Participating as member of interdisciplinary team, attending Person Centered Plan (PCP) meetings, developing plans as requested
- Complying with Controlled Substances policy and procedures in maintaining accurate inventories and controlled logs, following appropriate guidelines for investigation of discrepancies
- Monitoring consumers and taking appropriate action for side effects and adverse reactions to medications
- Assisting team members with assessing learning needs of the consumers and carries out teaching as indicated
- Completing QA activities as requested and participating in the QA process
- Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, making recommendations for hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, motivating, disciplining and promoting team performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Ensuring license of other nursing staff is in good standing as appropriate
Our ideal Registered Nurse has excellent listening and communication skills, can pick up on nonverbal communication and is eager to work on nonstandard nursing assignments.
Additional requirements for the Registered Nurse include
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing, with a minimum of an Associates Degree in Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred.
- Must meet Qualified Professional (QP) requirements
- Must meet the education, experience, licensure/certification requirements specified by the service definition of the service being provided
- Prefer one year of nursing experience.
- Experience in behavioral health nursing preferred.
- Some college training and/or management experience helpful
- Valid drivers license (this is a condition of employment) including personal vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must maintain proficiency in company sponsored training and certifications and privileging if required.
Essential physical and sensory requirements include:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to demonstrated proficiency in CPR from floor level. Practicing CPR skills will require you to work on your hands and knees, bending, standing and lifting.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
As an RN with RHA, you can expect a competitive market pay rate and an excellent benefits package to help you maintain a successful work-life balance. We are committed to maintaining a strong, dedicated workforce through innovative recruitment, comprehensive screening and competitive benefits and compensation programs.
Our leadership development and training is specifically designed to develop, retain and reward qualified and professional employees. Registered Nurses can pursue additional education and professional certifications through our tuition reimbursement program and move into supervisory and management roles in various areas of RHA.
The greatest benefit of a career at RHA is the difference you make in the lives of the people we serve. Our holistic person-centered approach, respected across North Carolina and throughout the Human Services industry, leads our employees to see the people we serve less as clients and more as friends.
Additional benefits for Registered Nurse:
• Competitive compensation program including regular performance feedback and coaching
• Healthcare insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Voluntary Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Telemed and Pharmacy Insurance,
Health Advocate service which assists employees find doctors, schedule appointments, estimate costs, answer medical/prescription questions, resolve medical claims issues and basically does the leg-work for employees
• Offering free diabetic medication and supplies
• 401(k) retirement savings program with Wells Fargo
• Paid Time Off
• Company sponsored Life and AD&D Insurance
• Extensive Wellness Programs including company paid scholarships for healthy weight management and nicotine cessation, several wellness challenges and rewards through the year.
• Free Annual Health Screening and wellness coaching event.
• Discounted medical premiums for nicotine free employees.
• Free CPR, first aid and job specific training opportunities
• Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of people we serve and support apply to join the team today.
Apply on company website