Job LocationConcord, NC
We are looking for talented individuals who share our dedication to the people we serve and support.
Are you a talented and dedicated Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner looking for a satisfying career opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of people facing behavioral and mental health challenges?
Then join our team at RHA Behavioral Health Services!
We are seeking compassionate and positive Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to provide therapeutic support for service users with mental health, behavioral health and substance abuse issues.
As a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner with RHA, you will be responsible for managing psychotropic medications for the clients of RHA. Duties include initial Psychiatric Evaluation of client and subsequent follow up visits for medication evaluation and management.
This position is an integral part of the team and would work in collaboration with not only other RHA staff but health care professionals in the community.
RHA Behavioral Health is an evolving non-profit provider of behavioral health services located throughout North Carolina. We are Interested in candidates who treat adults or children/adolescents. This is a great opportunity to work in a positive environment with a seasoned group of healthcare professionals to make a difference in people's lives.
Below are a few highlights of RHA Behavioral Health:
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) hybrid with movement to a fully established EMR.
- Just-In-Time (JIT) scheduling. RHA support staff and clinical leadership manages the schedule so the person prescribing doesn't have to.
- Nursing assistance in specified sites.
- Established protocols regarding communication with primary care.
Please submit a cover letter and resume. Relocation expense reimbursement may be negotiated.
Our ideal Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner is an excellent communicator and listener, who has a certification as a psychiatric nurse practitioner and experience working with the population supported. Relies on experience, knowledge, and judgment to provide services with limited supervision and direction.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be licensed by the North Carolina Nursing Board as a Registered Nurse
- Must be certified at the national level by American Nurses Credentialing Center as a Nurse Practitioner
- Be familiar with standards of practice for position and NC Medicaid Board as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Preferred 3 years experience working in behavioral health care.
- The Nurse Practitioner must complete a minimum of twenty (20) hours of training specific to the required components of the service definition including crisis response within the first 90 days of employment.
- For employees providing MCM, a minimum of one year's experience in providing crisis management services in the following settings: assertive outreach, assertive community treatment, emergency department or other service providing 24/7 response in emergent or urgent situations.
- Valid driver's license (this is a condition of employment) including personal vehicle insurance coverage.
- The following are conditions of employment: CPR, first aid, NCI certification and others that may be specified and/or required by future company regulations. Must maintain proficiency in company sponsored training and certifications and privileging if required.
As a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner with RHA, you can expect competitive market based pay and an excellent benefits package. We are committed to maintaining a strong, dedicated workforce through innovative recruitment, comprehensive screening and competitive benefits and compensation programs. Our leadership development and training is specifically designed to develop, retain and reward qualified and professional employees.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner can pursue education through our tuition reimbursement program and move into supervisory and management roles in various areas of RHA.
The greatest benefit of a career at RHA is the difference you make in the lives of the people we serve. Our holistic person-centered approach, respected across North Carolina and throughout the Human Services industry, leads our employees to see the people we serve less as clients and more as friends.
The comprehensive compensation and benefits package includes:
- • Competitive compensation program including regular performance feedback and coaching
• Healthcare insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Voluntary Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Telemed and Pharmacy Insurance,
Health Advocate service which assists employees find doctors, schedule appointments, estimate costs, answer medical/prescription questions, resolve medical claims issues and basically does the leg-work for employees
• Offering free diabetic medication and supplies
• 401(k) retirement savings program with Wells Fargo
• Paid Time Off
• Company sponsored Life and AD&D Insurance
• Extensive Wellness Programs including company paid scholarships for healthy weight management and nicotine cessation, several wellness challenges and rewards through the year.
• Free Annual Health Screening and wellness coaching event.
• Discounted medical premiums for nicotine free employees.
• Free CPR, first aid and job specific training opportunities
• Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of people we serve and support apply to join the team today.
RHA is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, we provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our solutions center.
Apply on company website