Job LocationBladenboro, NC
We are looking for talented individuals who share our dedication to the people we serve and support.
Offering a $1,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
We are looking for a Substance Abuse Specialist who possesses knowledge and is able to apply substance use/abuse treatment to a diverse population and has the capacity and knowledge to work with a treatment group that present a variety of addictions and addiction related behaviors.
We provide internal supervision or stipend external supervision for full licensure and/or per Board requirements
In this dynamic and rewarding role, there is an emphasis on creating interventions that are strength-based and focused on promoting recovery, symptom reduction, increased coping skills, and achievement of the highest level of functioning for the client in the community.
If you're looking for an opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve then consider RHA Behavioral Health Services where we put people first!
- Provides Substance Abuse Comprehensive Outpatient Treatment / SACOT to individuals with substance abuse disorders to explore overall goals, treatment plan, and measurement of goal completion, assess further needs of individuals for successful recovery and program completion.
- Conducts utilization reviews based on assessment information, treatment progress, and established guidelines, to determine eligibility for services, continuation of services, and discharge for services, complete service authorization requests, and maintain current authorization for service provision.
- Utilizes assessment recommendations and input from client, family, and other involved natural and professional supports, develop person-centered treatment plans, and provide on-going monitoring and revision of treatment plans as indicated.
- Provides preventive and therapeutic interventions in individual, family, and group counseling sessions including skills building , supportive counseling, and case coordination to help clients develop needed skills and support on-going treatment gains in regard to managing substance abuse and mental health symptoms and adapting to home, school and other environments
- Consults with psychiatrist or other medical personnel regarding reporting behavioral observations and concerns, and improvement or concerns related to any prescribed medications.
- Documents treatment interventions, community support and assessment of client's progress based on treatment goals in client's record according to state and agency requirements within 24 hours following the billed activities.
- Qualified Substance Abuse Prevention Professional which is defined as: a graduate of a college or university with a Master's degree in a human service field and has one year of full-time, post-graduate degree accumulated supervised experience in substance abuse prevention
- A graduate of a college or university with a bachelor's degree in a human service field and has two years of full-time, post-bachelor's degree accumulated supervised experience in substance abuse prevention
- A graduate of a college or university with a bachelor's degree in a field other than human services and has four years of full-time, post bachelor's degree accumulated supervised experience in substance abuse prevention
Physical requirements to perform essential functions of the job included:
- Regularly required to lift 10 lbs.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 15 lbs.
- Must be able to pull minimum of 10 lbs.
- Must be able to squat, kneel, crawl, crouch, climb, and stoop.
- Must be able to regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Required to regularly stand and walk.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in CPR from the floor level requiring to work on hands, knees, bending, standing and lifting.
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
- Must be able to talk and hear.
We offer the following benefits to employees:
- Payactiv: early access to the money you've earned from hours you've already worked, before payday!
- Employee perks and discount program: to help you save money!
- Paid Time Off (full-time employees)
- Health/Insurance: Medical & Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Supplemental benefits including Disability, Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness, Accident Coverage. Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Telemed, and a Health Advocate service that helps employees find doctors, schedule appointments, estimate costs, answer medical/prescription questions, resolve medical claims issues, and more (full-time employees)
- Health Savings Accounts, FSA, Dependent Care Accounts – set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible healthcare /dependent care expenses (ONLY PA)
- Additional insurance coverage: company-sponsored Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance (full-time employees)
- 401(k) retirement savings program (full-time employees)
- Wellbeing Programs: Physical, Emotional and Financial
- Chronic Disease management programs for hypertension and diabetes (for qualifying employees)
- Training: Free CPR, first aid, and job-specific training opportunities
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of people we serve and support apply to join the team today.
RHA is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, we provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our solutions center.
Apply on company website