We are looking for talented individuals who share our dedication to the people we serve and support.
Do others look to you for advice and counseling when they're considering job choices? Are you known as a life coach among your friends?
RHA Health Services is looking for a passionate, driven, and resourceful Vocational Counselor to join our interdisciplinary healthcare team focused on monitoring, implementing and documenting vocational programs and training programs for our clients who are individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, residing in group residential homes.
In this dynamic role you will work closely with the vocational program manager, and other interdisciplinary healthcare team members, to promote the vocational service's curriculum philosophy and mission.
If you're looking for an opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve then consider RHA Health Services where we put people first!
As a Vocational Counselor (also known as a Vocational Instructor) you will be responsible for performing a variety of administrative, documentation, program implementation and monitoring functions of the vocational and training program for clients. Role may include supervisory aspects which may vary from no supervision requirements to supervising up to two direct reports.
Additional responsibilities of the Vocational Counselor include:
- Identifying and establishing performance measurement workstations with Department of Labor Standard; overseeing quality of contract product and/or services
- Paying particular attention to the environment as a means to promote a safe, clean, neat and healthy workplace for both people supported and employees; ensuring clean, orderly & attractive work and storage areas at all times
- Implementing and monitoring formal people supported training programs within the workshop/classrooms, ensuring clients are exposed to the people supported handbook
- Performing actual time and cost of product studies to determine rate of pay for piece or hourly work, assisting with community wage surveys
- Obtaining and inventorying raw materials, needed supplies and materials for performing contract work for finished products, designing/constructing various jobs to facilitate work
- Documenting progress of work and maintaining related records to verify production quantity and quality
- Documenting client start and stop times, daily work schedules, rate of pay, re-verification of PM station every 6 months, documenting incident reports
- Assisting in the procurement of community job contracts by visiting job sites, conducting job surveys, developing criteria for people supported involvement and serving as liaison between the vocational center and community/business representatives
- Supervisory responsibilities include pre-employment interviewing, employee training, planning, assigning, and directing work, motivating, disciplining and promoting team performance
Successful candidates of the Vocational Counselor are able to supervise up to two direct reports; mentoring and modeling preferred behaviors while encouraging a collaborative team environment.
Additional requirements of the Vocational Counselor include:
- High School degree or GED required; Associate degree preferred
- 2 years' experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Valid drivers' license and automotive insurance
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen
- CPR, first aid, NCI and/or role specific certification, a plus
RHA Health Services Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to eligible employees that are aimed at supporting your health and wellness, financial planning, work life balance, and protection from the unexpected.
We understand our employee's desire to continue to grow in the role; we are known for providing high-quality services, excellent staff training and opportunities for advancement into supervisory and other roles within the organization.
The comprehensive compensation and benefits package includes:
• Competitive compensation program including regular performance feedback and coaching
• Healthcare insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Voluntary Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Telemed and Pharmacy Insurance,
Health Advocate service which assists employees find doctors, schedule appointments, estimate costs, answer medical/prescription questions, resolve medical claims issues and basically does the leg-work for employees
• Offering free diabetic medication and supplies
• 401(k) retirement savings program with Wells Fargo
• Paid Time Off
• Company sponsored Life and AD&D Insurance
• Extensive Wellness Programs including company paid scholarships for healthy weight management and nicotine cessation, several wellness challenges and rewards through the year.
• Free Annual Health Screening and wellness coaching event.
• Discounted medical premiums for nicotine free employees.
• Free CPR, first aid and job specific training opportunities
• Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of people we serve and support apply to join the team today.
Apply on company website