Job LocationFayetteville, NC
We are looking for talented individuals who share our dedication to the people we serve and support.
Looking to make a difference?
Bring your compassion and dependability to work with our devoted home healthcare team where you can truly make a difference in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
RHA Health Services is looking for personable, energetic and dedicated Direct Support Caregiver (also called Direct Support Professionals) to join our home caregiver team in this entry level role.
The Direct Support position is for those that have experience in direct support serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The nature of the role by design is not glamorous, can be difficult at times and requires hard work but the reward is immeasurable!
As a Direct Support Caregiver you will provide support for your clients both in residential and day care settings. You will get to know your clients on a personal level as you assist them with in the implementation of personal plans, goals, and objectives; working with them to facilitate their communication in terms of needs and requests.
This is a highly rewarding entry-level role. You will help your clients by helping to identify personal outcomes that will best suit their individual interests, cultural backgrounds and dreams for the future. You will work with an interdisciplinary healthcare team to identify the appropriate support methods necessary to achieve the stated goals.
Our Direct Support Caregiver come to know the individuals that they work with less as clients, more as friends! If you're looking for an opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve, then consider RHA Health Services - where we put people first!
In this role, the Direct Support Caregiver is responsible for helping to implement services and supports that will assist your client to achieve personal goals and desired outcomes as identified through an Individual Support Plan. The duties you will accomplish are based on the assigned shift and the direction of the Direct Care Manager.
Additional responsibilities of the Direct Support Caregiver include:
- Providing opportunities for choice and encouraging clients to exercise control over themselves and their environment
- Assisting and instructing on food preparation and house cleaning
- Helping clients to identify and acquire valued social roles, as well as healthy personal and social habits
- Continuously assessing the functional levels for your client, motivating clients and providing consistent reinforcement, assessments, and feedback for all learning activities
- Dispensing medication, monitoring dosages and making notes in charts in accordance with your level of training
- Transporting and accompanying clients to and from day programs, work sites, and community activities
- Supporting clients at vocational sites to help meet their responsibilities
The ideal candidates for this entry level position are patient, compassionate, nurturing and have a calming demeanor in times of stress. Successful candidates for the Direct Support Caregiver role are able to perform the physical components of the role including being able to lift and move up to 50lbs., are comfortable working in stressful situations and are able to handle difficult situations with ease.
Additional requirements for this entry level role include:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D., Associate Degree in a health related area; or two years' experience in a health related field
- Experience working with individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities preferred
- Valid drivers' license and automotive insurance
- Flexible schedule and availability to provide on-call coverage as needed
- Regularly required to lift 30 lbs. Must be able to lift a minimum of 70 lbs. Must be able to pull a minimum of 50lbs.
- Provide CPR after certification
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen
- CPR, first aid, NCI and/or MedTech certification, a plus
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of people we serve and support apply to join the team today.
RHA is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, we provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our solutions center.
Apply on company website