Job LocationRoanoke Rapids, NC
We are looking for talented individuals who share our dedication to the people we serve and support.
You've walked a mile in their shoes - now solidly in recovery. Now, you're ready to help someone else achieve the same level of stability!
RHA Behavioral Health Services is looking for compassionate and supportive Certified Peer Support Specialists to join our dedicated interdisciplinary healthcare team providing peer support services and assisting clients with determining personal goals for recovery.
In this dynamic role you will use your experience and knowledge to provide highly individualized services in the community, promoting individual self-determination and decision-making to individuals with Mental Health or Substance Abuse issues. If you're looking for an opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve then consider RHA Behavioral Health Services where we put people first!
As a Peer Support Specialist you will be responsible for providing essential expertise and consultation to the entire interdisciplinary healthcare team to promote a culture in which each individual's point of view and preferences are recognized, understood, respected and integrated into treatment, rehabilitation, and community self-help activities while serving as an advocate for clients.
Additional responsibilities of the Peer Support Specialist include:
- Meeting with clients to provide advice and support in accordance with treatment plan
- Assisting in peer support groups with assigned consumers on a regular basis
- Supporting/assisting consumers in daily decision making and resolution of minor problems
- Assisting clients by finding resources, advising the consumer of processes, and encouraging follow through with proposed resolutions, locating social activities, or provide other assistance as needed
- Accompanying clients to meetings and participates in meetings of community groups to advocate for consumer needs, leading recovery dialogues/self-help sessions with clients
- Fostering client's development of healthy relationships by encouraging participation in community activities
- Observing behavior and evidence of general well-being and discusses observations with the clients
- Modeling effective coping and self-help techniques to individuals or groups of consumers
- Providing advice to clients on empowerment skills and successful community living
- Informing clients on community resources and how to use them appropriately, providing information to consumers and families on specific topics, as assigned
Successful candidates of the Peer Support Specialist role are able to work as a member of a healthcare interdisciplinary team with a focus on ensuring successful recovery and overall mental health for clients.
Additional requirements of the Peer Support Specialist include:
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
- 1 year of experience working with persons with the population supported
- Certified as a Peer Support Specialist or 1 continuous year as a current or former recipient of treatment (including mental health/substance abuse treatment or diagnosis) and eligibility for certification as Peer Support Specialist by the governing agency
- Must complete a minimum of twenty (20) hours of training specific to the required components of the specific service definition including crisis response within the first 90 days of employment
- Valid drivers' license and automotive insurance
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen
- CPR, first aid, NCI and/or role related certification, a plus
RHA Behavioral Health Services offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to eligible employees that are aimed at supporting your health and wellness, financial planning, work life balance, and protection from the unexpected.
The comprehensive compensation and benefits package for full time employees includes:
- Competitive compensation program including regular performance feedback and coaching
- Healthcare insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Voluntary Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Telemed and Pharmacy Insurance, Health Advocate service which assists employees find doctors, schedule appointments, estimate costs, answer medical/prescription questions, resolve medical claims issues and basically does the leg-work for employees
- Offering free diabetic medication and supplies
- 401(k) retirement savings program with Wells Fargo
- Paid Time Off
- Company sponsored Life and AD&D Insurance
- Extensive Wellness Programs including company paid scholarships for healthy weight management and nicotine cessation, several wellness challenges and rewards through the year.
- Free Annual Health Screening and wellness coaching event.
- Discounted medical premiums for nicotine free employees.
- Free CPR, first aid and job-specific training opportunities
Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve!
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of people we serve and support apply to join the team today.
RHA is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, we provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our solutions center.
Apply on company website