We are looking for talented individuals who share our dedication to the people we serve and support.
Looking to make a difference?
Bring your compassion and dependability to work with our devoted home healthcare team!
At RHA, you can truly make a difference in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
RHA Health Services is looking for personable, energetic and dedicated Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) to join our home caregiver team as a Unit Clerk.
The nature of the role by design is not glamorous, can be difficult at times and requires hard work but the reward is immeasurable!
This is a highly rewarding entry-level role. Unit Clerks are responsible for providing prescribed medical treatment and personal care and services to persons with disabilities in residential homes and/or vocational centers for a single location of business.
RHA's Certified Nursing Assistant Unit Clerks have responsibilities related to quality management, accuracy, attention to detail and teamwork, including:
- Reporting all changes in the condition of the people we support to the Nurse immediately.
- Work hand-in-hand with nurse and administration to keep the people we report safe and healthy.
- Record all entries on flow sheets, notes, charts, etc., in an accurate and timely manner.
- Measure vital signs, notify nurse regarding any changes.
- Assist the people we support with dressing/undressing, hygiene and toileting
- Administer medications, including medications and feedings via a gastrostomy tube per physicians orders and as delegated by the licensed nurses.
- Monitor oxygen administration and report findings to licensed nurses.
- Check and monitor oxygen saturation levels as recommended by the licensed nurses and/or physician.
- Perform colostomy care.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent people supported care information to assure people supported rights are protected.
- Ensure that all nursing care is provided in privacy.
- Fax orders to Pharmacy, completed labs to appropriate doctors, assist with ordering OTC stock and supplies, scheduling appointments and various other office and filing duties.
- Actively participates as part of the RHA team by participating in and receiving the nursing report upon reporting for duty, assist in transporting people supported to/from appointments, activity and social programs and for out of center appointments, etc., as necessary.
- Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning and transporting people supported into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Licensed Certified Nursing Assistant in accordance with the laws of this state preferred, but not required.
- Valid drivers license including personal vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must maintain proficiency in company-sponsored training and certifications as appropriate.
- The following are conditions of employment: CPR and first aid. Others may become specified and/or required by company regulations later in employment.
- Must be able to demonstrated proficiency in CPR from floor level. Practicing CPR skills will require you to work on your hands and knees, bending, standing and lifting.
RHA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to eligible full-time employees that are aimed at supporting your health and wellness, financial planning, work life balance, and protection from the unexpected.
We understand your desire to continue to grow in the role; we are known for providing high quality services, excellent staff training and opportunities for advancement into supervisory and other roles within the organization.
The comprehensive compensation and benefits package includes:
- Healthcare insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision and prescription insurance
- 403(b) retirement program
- Paid Time Off – up to 26 days of PTO for full time employees!
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Extensive wellness reimbursement benefit
- Discounted premiums for participation in wellness initiative
- Free CPR, first aid and job specific training opportunities
- Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve!
- Many more benefit choices!
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of people we serve and support apply to join the team today.
Apply on company website